Modding Help StarCheat: Wont run...but

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by StarBond007, Dec 12, 2014.

1. StarBond007

StarBond007 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I recently had a virus on my pc. Ever since its been clear (and by clear i mean i reenacted Hiroshima on my OS) my StarCheat wont work. Here is the message that pops up.
    [​IMG]

I am using the newest version of this.
    HOWEVER. It will work if i run it in admin which means i have to type in a password for every time i open it.
    Any ideas on how to fix this?

-Thanks

2. Murlaine

Murlaine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Best Answer
    Try re-downloading the whole starcheat program (newest 0.16). Google "starbound starcheat 0.16 download" and I'm sure one site will have a link available still (I'd link my personal copy from my dropbox, but I don't think those kind of links are allowed on this forum).

If that doesn't work, try going to File - Options - and then click the [...] button and redirect Starcheat to your current Starbound folder. Also do the Index option so that starcheat can re-build all of the files it needs to load.

If neither of those options work, then I'm afraid it must be an internal problem within your computer. :wut:

Ouji likes this.
  3. Nope. This is a third party program so you're not going to get support for it either unless someone took over the project. The creator dropped it.

4. BentLent

BentLent Subatomic Cosmonaut

You there, check the github for StarCheat, dev branch has been pretty active by the creator lately.

5. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Sev is simply pointing out - there is no point in asking here.
    If you have an issue with a 3rd party tool you need to ask the developer of said tool. As he or she is the one who will know exactly what is wrong.

severedskullz likes this.
  6. I don't check things I don't use or need. I just happened to know the project was dropped.

Regardless, this was the underlying meaning:

7. Murlaine

Murlaine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Best Answer
    Try re-downloading the whole starcheat program (newest 0.16). Google "starbound starcheat 0.16 download" and I'm sure one site will have a link available still (I'd link my personal copy from my dropbox, but I don't think those kind of links are allowed on this forum).

If that doesn't work, try going to File - Options - and then click the [...] button and redirect Starcheat to your current Starbound folder. Also do the Index option so that starcheat can re-build all of the files it needs to load.

If neither of those options work, then I'm afraid it must be an internal problem within your computer. :wut:

Ouji likes this.
  8. StarBond007

Thank you so far you have been the most helpful here. Ill try it. if it works great if not oh well.

If the previous posters are reading this. You have been extremely unhelpful. I do realize now that Starcheat isnt here anymore but at one point it was so thats why im asking. Thank you for helping but, and this is for you sev, dont say nope to start off your reply.

-Thanks

Ouji likes this.
  9. Then perhaps dont ask for help on a third party program completely independent of the game, or its forums.

You asked if we had any ideas... I said no. No need for you to be a complete asshole about it.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    AstralGhost and Boshed like this.
  10. StarBond007

Then if you have no ideas dont post. you can get a mans hopes up once they see that someones replied only to find its just to say gee i got nothing i suggest you ask someone else. While yes asking the mod creator is the best source i still want a relevant answer from hopefully some people who have just a much experience with this mod and are willing to answer my question in a descriptive and helpful manor.
    Forgive me for sounding like an ass earlier but let other more helpful people that know what my problem is assist me.

11. Ignitas

Ignitas Void-Bound Voyager

Bloody_Kain and Akre like this.