1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Codex android app update

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Rocks25, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Rocks25

Rocks25 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well I'm back from the dead (2 week vacation) and back to working on Starbound Codex. Sorry if anyone thought I died.

It's not much but I just pushed a tiny update into production, so you guys should get that in a few hours :) It's a very small update which fixed a time stamp issue which was bothering me and adds a link to the comments thread at the end of each newspost (added by popular demand).

This brings me to the next big update I'll be working on: forum integration!
    It's going to take a while, so don't expect another update very soon (unless it's a critical bugfix), but it should be well worth it; you'll be able to comment on news posts from within the app (if all goes well) and hopefully use the entire forum.

Also (this may or may not come before forum integration), I will be redesigning the app to use a navigation drawer for top-level navigation rather than tabs. This will work much better with the app once the "codex" or "guide" part is implemented. There will be a panel that slides out from the left (like how the new gmail app works) which will let you navigate between the main sections of the app (news, forums, codex, etc). This will also allow me to use tabbed navigation inside the main sections of the app if I so choose (eg. different tabs for different item types in the codex part of the app, for instance). I'll most likely be rolling out possible designs for the codex (guide) portion of the app before the game hits beta so you guys can give me feedback, maybe I can even get some real item entries from the devs so there will be something to populate it with...

By the way, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone using my app! It's been exactly a month and we already have nearly 500 users! Not bad for a guide app that doesn't even have the guide feature yet, for a game that isn't out yet ;)

Also, if anyone would like to help support me but can't (or doesn't want to) buy the app, please consider clicking a few of the ads. I get on average 5 to 10 cents per ad click, so even if less than half of you guys clicked just 1 or two ads a day (don't worry they're all safe), that could amount to over $300 a month just from ads. Any little bit helps for someone like me who is only in their second year of college and is already struggling with college loans, and also need a new computer badly... Just don't click too much ;) google has been known to suspend ad accounts when too many hits come from one device... 1 or 2 clicks a day is plenty if you decide to help :)

I appreciate all of the support guys! Continue giving me feedback, bug reports, and support and I'll make sure this is the best starbound app ever :)

Here is the link for anyone still in the dark.

Inco, demanrisu, Anemun and 5 others like this.
  2. Katlatze

Katlatze Pangalactic Porcupine

Long time fan of your app, I'll do some clicks for ya :)

3. Rocks25

Thanks! I appreciate it :) Just remember not too many in a short time span ;)

4. killbubble

killbubble Void-Bound Voyager

I'll click for ya buddy! I just discovered ur app the other day, but i find it useful and handy to have on smartphones, would be great to have forum integration also!

5. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

Thanks man! Any plans on adding other sections too, like the other tabbed sections on the home page (FAQ, Media) and the forums? If not, I still like it. Very convenient and easy to use.

EDIT: I had no idea it was pay per click for you...deal!

6. Rocks25

Thanks! Glad you like it :)

Forums yes, others not sure, we'll see! As I've said before, not trying to replace the site, just make some of it's features easy to access on your phone, and of course the guide portion of the app (which doesn't exist yet...) :) Glad you're finding it useful!

natelovesyou likes this.
  7. BrakSampson

BrakSampson Big Damn Hero

I'd love to try your app, but unfortunately it is not compatible with my LGE LGL55C. Curse my cheap phone.

8. polarwind

polarwind Big Damn Hero

I saw your app a while back, was just wondering why I'm getting incompatibly issues. :catface:

This app is incompatible with your U.S. Cellular Motorola Motorola Electrify.

9. birokrats

birokrats Orbital Explorer

never clicked, but will now :)

Rocks25 likes this.
  10. demanrisu

demanrisu The Original Agaran Menace NPC

You're running a pretty old version of Android. That's probably your problem.

Rocks25 likes this.
  11. budsygus

budsygus Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm having trouble running it too.
    [​IMG]

Serenity, Rocks25 and natelovesyou like this.
  12. RebelArms

RebelArms Void-Bound Voyager

love the app, always looking for that yellow LED in the evening to pop up!

13. Rocks25

Glad you like it! By the way, the LED color is customizable in case you didn't know ;) I use red and it makes my black nexus 4 look like HAL 9000 :)