1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Capture Pets

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Captain Emphis, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Captain Emphis

Captain Emphis Poptop Tamer

I'm frequently having trouble getting my pet back onto my ship in order to take it to new worlds. I have been leveling it up for a long time now so it is becoming increasingly difficult for me to get it killed in order to pick up it's pod again. I can use a new unfilled capture pod to pick it up but that means having to repeatedly make new pods. Anyone have any ideas for how to easily pick it up again? If not then I think the devs need to introduce a way of easily picking them up again.

2. elfritobandito9

elfritobandito9 Void-Bound Voyager

Currently there is no way to "re-capture" a pet. It sounds like they will be adding that functionality soon.

3. Pip1n

Pip1n Void-Bound Voyager

Bandito, you are wrong, the only way to re-capture a pet is by throwing another pod at him

4. Sykes

Sykes Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

It wastes the original pod though. The best way is to get your pet killed, but obviously that's a temporary solution.

5. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

I always carry a Sawblade Trap. Those work wonders on even level 10 pets.