1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed Stack Trace error (as of 08/29/14)

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Kensei, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kensei

Kensei Big Damn Hero

I'm having an issue when playing the game. I can start up, make a new character, and play around for a while. Then this pops up:

Stack Trace...
    SignalHandlerlmpl::sehTrampoline()
    Direct3DCreate9
    Direct3DCreate9Ex
    Renderer::renderTriangles(ByteArray, unsigned int, void*,
    LightingMode)
    WorldPainter::renderParticles(Particle::Layer)
    WorldPainter::render()
    ClientApplication::render()
    StarApplicationBase::run()
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

I haven't the foggiest as to what it is trying to say because I also have a C++ Runtime error that tells me: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in in unusual way."

2. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Best Answer
    Rename your universe folder and try launching the game again. If it still doesn't work, delete the packed.pak file (in the assets folder) and verify the game through Steam (Right-click the game in Steam -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Cache).

3. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

please post your complete starbound.log looks like something happens before which cause this error.

4. What are you doing to replicate the issue?

5. Kensei

Kensei Big Damn Hero

6. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Best Answer
    Rename your universe folder and try launching the game again. If it still doesn't work, delete the packed.pak file (in the assets folder) and verify the game through Steam (Right-click the game in Steam -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Cache).

7. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

It could be a corrupted packed.pak because the crash comes when the game try to find the image file "/objects/generic/oillantern1/default:default.off". The image itself is loaded by DirectX so if it cannot find it you'll get the D3DError (in OpenGL it would be another one)
    Try the steps Dunto already posted above. If it doesn't work at all let us know.

8. Kensei

Kensei Big Damn Hero

That seems to have fixed whatever the issue was. Thank you guys very much! Been playing for about two hours now and the crash has not happened again! (it was only running about half an hour then crashing before)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.