1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[Spoilers] Moon Dungeon Secrets, Solved!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Chandrak, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Chandrak

Chandrak Phantasmal Quasar

So, what with the new stable patch and alot of people coming back, I've seen alot of questions about the new moonbase, and some mysteries regarding a lever and a blocked-off room.

Well, a friend and I figured out how to access the hidden rooms in the first moonbase mission. I won't spoil the reward for solving it, cause its pretty sweet. But for the interested, I'll have step-by-step instructions, as well as a general hint for those who want to find it themselves.

Lots of credit to The__Enigma, who discovered quite accidentally what tech you needed. He's Firecutter in the one below.

Here's the room in question, right at the end of the dungeon, plus proof you can get in:
    [​IMG]

The hint for those who want to figure it out for themselves:

Bring Energy Dash, Rocket Jump, and some rope. Warning: Pulse Jump might be high enough to get into the secret area, but you won't be able to get out.. We were able to warp out, though, after triggering the secret.

Ok, so the key here, is apparently you CAN get in through those tiny diagonal opening. See, apparently, using energy dash while crouching can shove you through smaller openings as well as push you along the slope of the terrain. There are, inside the dungeon, 2 very well hidden levers which you probably won't find unless you are really looking. These levers, when both active, open a hatch in the first screenshot, allowing you to drop down into a room with a chest. (In addition to the chests in the screenshot, which I found held some nice stuff).

The first lever can be found in a small tunnel above the glass-backed room:

[​IMG]

See that tunnel leading upward? The first lever is up there. You can get to it by climbing up over the room's door on the west side and dash-scooting through the opening. The below shot is me coming back out.

[​IMG]

The next lever is tricky. It can actually be seen from above, underneath a ramp, but it was a challenge to find. Its accessible from the big open room just after the hammer mutants appear for the first time. Look for the platform in the air, and look up:

[​IMG]

To get to the lever, youll have to jump as high as you can with a tech item, and then, assuming you arent using gravity techs, use a rope to grab onto the ceiling and pull yourself up:

[​IMG]

Once both levers are activated, you can finish up with the rest of the dungeon. Stop before you drop down into the shaft where the boss is - the vertical crystal shaft with platforms. Instead of dropping into it (and heading to the first screenshot), head left into the darkness. Youll see this:

[​IMG]

From that diagonal, you can scoot down into the secret room. If you've done everything right, the two glyphs over the hatch should be active, and the hatch open, like so:

[​IMG]

Enjoy your reward. I thought it was pretty sweet.

Ambadastor, Beatrice and Bierbart like this.
  2. Teh Freek

Teh Freek Void-Bound Voyager

Or just use the Morphball tech, once you get it.

3. Chandrak

Chandrak Phantasmal Quasar

Mainly this was intended for people who havent gotten that far and are just starting out, rather than replaying ;P

4. Bierbart

Bierbart Void-Bound Voyager

I feel stupid for not thinking about rope now...

5. SnowFox1

SnowFox1 Void-Bound Voyager

thank you

6. Protocteur

Protocteur Void-Bound Voyager

I've gone in the secret room for the first time tonight, but its seems i got an unusual room. what do you think of that ? I never seen those kind of text before, does someone is smart enough to understand what it says ? :p

[​IMG]

7. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

@Protocteur, nightlies? They may have changed it, considering the cat is now a starter pet.

8. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

9. braydon

braydon Phantasmal Quasar

Try morphball...

10. Protocteur

Protocteur Void-Bound Voyager

yes i play on nightlies. I came back with the morphball tech, and used the cabling tool to find where the levers were :p

I'm playing with a novakid, i don't know if this change something, but i think it's just an update, everybody should get the same room. The only thing "weird" i've done is to beat the boss first then came back to open the room, i thought this would open the room, then i understood there was levers when i used the cabling tool.

11. Alamor44

Alamor44 Void-Bound Voyager

NEWS in hte last version of the game we have a dictionary and the message is ''it will return''
    upload_2016-11-6_4-6-55.png