Traditional Spacebound Floran Bust

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by DarkTails, Dec 18, 2013.

1. DarkTails

DarkTails Big Damn Hero

Was going to go with a cartoony design but it looks like all the Spacebound fanart influenced me and warped that into a more "realistic" design. Hard to explain what I was going for, will probably be clearer once painted.

The arms (shoulders) are exposed so they're sinewy. The smooth parts of the torso are like form-fitting armor, or a strapless dress.

Has a bug-like vibe, we'll see what happens. Still haven't decided on hair, any suggestions? Considering adding a back-lantern, would look really creepy lit up like that lol

[​IMG]

http://darktailss.deviantart.com/

Lecic, Silvestre and MouseyRouse like this.
  2. Whaleduck

Whaleduck Big Damn Hero

For hair try something freaky X3 I am LOVING what i see :D

Time to sit back and wait to see how this image unforlds :3

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  3. DarkTails

DarkTails Big Damn Hero

She's looking more lady-like now, might go with one of the classy hair-dos

I like the way someone drew the eyes where they're spheres with a dark almond cavity, so I tried to recreate that. I think it's more original than using typical bulging "alien grey" eyes and it's far creepier lol

The shoulder cover thing is supposed to be like a thin leaf cover stuck to the skin so the muscles under there are semi defined

I don't know, I'm making this crap up as I go along lol

[​IMG]

4. Kierran

Kierran Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks great so far, waiting to see how the finished product looks like :)

5. DarkTails

DarkTails Big Damn Hero

Eh, no interest in this I guess, oh well.

[​IMG]

6. Whaleduck

Whaleduck Big Damn Hero

It is taking more and more shape! I am so excited for the full product!

7. DarkTails

DarkTails Big Damn Hero

I just have to make the base for it to rest on and it's ready for paint. No idea what colors to use on it D:

8. Manixx

Manixx Big Damn Hero

I'd avoid going to the "plant = green" route and get some barky, earthy browns and khakis in there, with some bright colour on the flower for contrast :)

9. Hibz

Hibz Void-Bound Voyager

I'd say go for green as leaves, flowers a bright colour and a skin of barky flesh.

10. DarkTails

DarkTails Big Damn Hero

She's ready for paint

The trunk is going to be woody/barky, so I want to stick to more vibrant colors for the body

And yeah, I want to avoid green lol

Suggestions plz! :)

[​IMG]

betudi, Retsof, Yzzey and 1 other person like this.
  11. Whaleduck

Whaleduck Big Damn Hero

Cloudy purple and orange maybe? :3

12. DarkTails

DarkTails Big Damn Hero

That's too "Joker" :p

I'm going to sell this thing, so if anyone wants to buy it shoot me an offer and a color scheme :)

13. This thing is looking cool.

14. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

She's adorable. Could just hug her - after I make sure she's wholly disarmed. The flower kinda reminds me of the rafflesia arnoldii plant, so perhaps a bright red with yellow speckles on the petals?

Floran 'hair' i've always seen as being leafy, so some shades of green for that (I know you said you wanted to avoid greens, but photosynthesis has to happen somewhere and the top of the head's the most logical place). The rest should be light woody browns (think balsa wood, or palm tree bark) with perhaps some green tinting on the 'skin' areas, with bark-like texturing on the 'clothing/carapace/armor' parts (like oak bark).

Sadly, I can't make you an offer - holidays dun ate my moneys. But oh would I ever like to.

15. Crouix

Crouix Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm kinda waiting for the end result here!!

Yzzey likes this.
  16. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

AMA-ZIIIIIIIING

17. Cockatoo

Cockatoo Big Damn Hero

Oh gosh can't wait to see how this turns out.

18. DarkTails

DarkTails Big Damn Hero

Lol, this thing has been on the backburner, it's been primed and ready for paint, I'm just unmotivated

Actually, if anyone wants to paint it, let me know and I'll mail it to you, just pay for the shipping. Then you can just keep it as a gift, or if you sell it, I get 50% lol

Or pain tit and send it to the devs as a gift, it's all good.

19. Falling Tide

Falling Tide Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wouldn't mind see this in full color mode, I will be awaiting hopefully.