1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

So I found the morphball tech

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Rohnjudes, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Rohnjudes

Rohnjudes Space Spelunker

So I found the morphball tech but I have no idea how to activate it, anyone know? It is already in a tech slot

2. Make sure it's in the left-most tech slot, that's the only one that actively works at the moment. And to activate I believe it's the same as in Metroid, hit S twice.

3. Rohnjudes

It is in the far left one, and double s does not activate it

4. Jet

Jet 2.7182818284590...

I can't really help with the keybinding thing as I'm having that issue as well... But could you possibly post the coordinates of the planet that you found that tech on?
    I want the morph ball SO BAD.

5. Rohnjudes

The second I left the planet I realized I didnt write down the coords ><

I can say it was in a monkey lab but it had 0 monsters. Just tons of traps and hazzards everywhere

6. Jet

Jet 2.7182818284590...

Those are the places I've found my techs at. Actually if you look at your star map it will show you a trail from the last star you left.

7. Machai

Machai Void-Bound Voyager

If you go to your inventory you can select which equipped tech to activate by clicking on it.

blueokapi12 likes this.
  8. Alkheemist

Alkheemist Void-Bound Voyager

Press F. Derived this by testing every key.

AuburnFox, blueokapi12 and Aycee like this.
  9. Jet

Jet 2.7182818284590...

I still would love to know a planet that has morph ball..

10. Quixotic

Quixotic Big Damn Hero

Since I'm pretty sure chests are also standardized, I found TWO morph balls on Beta Aaoe 487 V a 86516413 -70316412

Cog Sig, hijinks and hoornst3 like this.
  11. Cuchilain

Cuchilain Phantasmal Quasar

Morphball doesnt have a point really.

12. Crashstarr

Crashstarr Big Damn Hero

I'm going to go explore this moon now, to find out if those chests really are the same!

Edit: Where did you find those morphballs, in some sort of structure? Or deep underground? This isn't a huge place but if I have to dig... lol

13. Scribbles

Scribbles Aquatic Astronaut

Found both double jump and morphball in beta delta vol minoris II (-22542881, 24109713) The chests were in a lab to the left. One of them is in a cavern above but you can see it from inside while doing the jumping puzzle.

14. elferin

elferin Void-Bound Voyager

you don't have to put it in 1. place, in your inventory you can click on the tech you want and use that tech

Crosburn likes this.
  15. Quixotic

Quixotic Big Damn Hero

Rather close to the left there will be an Apex Facility. You'll know you're there when you here buzzing, and you can faintly see the glowing from the surface. The second one was in a high-tech chest on the ground to the left, as well.

16. RainLeaf

RainLeaf Void-Bound Voyager

Are you sure its on the left i am having trouble finding it...

17. hoornst3

hoornst3 Orbital Explorer

So, say I made a thin tunnel, a really long one....really epic...to get from one base to another...like a highway - would that not be epic? Not saying it's SUPREMELY useful...but it can have perks! I would imagine that it also negates fall damage which is rather huge! Also escaping/dodging monsters with it sounds useful and feasible! Just a few ideas for benefits. If anyone else can think of some...throw em out there! ;)

18. Lelouch9796

Lelouch9796 2.7182818284590...

So they can see you rolling, and then commence with the hatred.

Jbeetle, Ambadastor, M C and 4 others like this.
  19. Alendor

Alendor Aquatic Astronaut

You still take fall damage, monsters still knock you back, and you don't go very quick if not going downhill. Also the mines you drop only do 5 damage.

Crosburn and hoornst3 like this.
  20. hoornst3

hoornst3 Orbital Explorer

Well then I suppose they should create some better benefits! Sorry guys! I'm sure they'll look into it later. :D