Building/Ship Show off your house :D

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by TheVulcanKId, Dec 5, 2013.

1. ryanwolfen7

ryanwolfen7 Orbital Explorer

This is my second house its my house in part of a whole Colony that I have yet to finish... I dont nearly have the resources yet.

Attached Files:

Uzkniso and Huninn like this.
  2. mastercookie

mastercookie Existential Complex

3. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

And now, the newest addition to the Asgarden compound, still under construction... the space stop!

[​IMG]

The "first" building of the prison, converted into a landing pad for small ships, with a "truck stop" kinda place. Tank up (fuel tanks in the basement), grab a bite, clean, relax. Probably will turn the top of the tower into a mechanic's room.

Still mulling over the bottom floor. Not sure what to do with all that space. Make a Stuckey's-like shop?

But the big question of course is what materials to do the walls in. The stone works fine for the basement and the tower to the landing pad... but the main hall? Hmmm.

The small cell block immediately east will become a guardhouse with a traffic control tower up top, gotta build that up a bit. East of that is a huge building I'm not 100% on what all to do with it aside from a larger version of the "dorms" I already have.

4. bunglesocks

bunglesocks Void-Bound Voyager

so ive just started building my second base and decided to build a crashed ship it took some time to plan it out but i think ive cracked this so far, its a work in progress (still need to put in the cockpit) but thought id post it anyways.

[​IMG]

5. Cerioth

Cerioth Astral Cartographer

its nice but it seems to be a bit spread out but thats ok its still a wark in progress

6. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

The newest addition because I got a wild hair... the storage room for Horrible Things! All the stuff June feels need to be stuffed away out of normal reach.

[​IMG]

The shaft on the left is a lonnnnnnnnnnng one with no footholds whatsoever. It's all freefall, so better have some techs...

[​IMG]

Pull the lever to close the floodgates, hit the buttons to drain the passage, then scan the eye to open said passage. Now you can drop off your toxic materials, your horrible Agaran pods, and your That's No Moon Plans and Drysap dispensers.

I'd LIKE to make it so you can't open the corridor doors if the floodgates are open, but not sure that's doable in the current wiring system (again, all stable build, no mods). I'm also considering adding the ability to flood the whole damn storage area with lava. Sure, it doesn't actually destroy the stuff, but the functionality is fun.

Of course, the trick is that flowing magma tends to create nudules and crudules of magmarock, so every now and then I have to do a crudule clean. Drain the passage, drop in, drill out the blocks... and sometimes even remove blocks outside the floodgates. Fun.

...aw hell, I should make the background of the drain area vertical pipes. That'd look better.

7. siphris_wolf

siphris_wolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love cozy houses, and I have a challenge for all you builders out there.. Who can make a base that encompasses all the needs (i.e. crafting, sleeping, cooking, etc...) but make it feel homey, not like a big rectangle :) Can you do it? I'd love to see the replies! :D Good Luck!

8. mastercookie

heres a house i made some time ago
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...w-off-your-house-d.37292/page-56#post-2068817
    pretty much have everything (for me :))

9. Cerioth

Cerioth Astral Cartographer

10. mastercookie

i tried uploading a file directly, but it always gives me an error

11. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

nothing special

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Fresh Ears

Fresh Ears Big Damn Hero

I'm on vanilla/stable and still having tons of fun. I recently made some kind of crazy glass tree-house... thing... Will probs be working on it till the next stable patch. This thing looks amazing at night, I'll try to get some night shots and post them up when I can get the time.

Starbanger full base daytime.jpg

Edit: I found a way to get this better pic of it up. There is a night picture posted a few comments down. :D

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  13. miyagi

miyagi Space Hobo

All of them seem so well...

14. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Would you be so kind to show some more detailed and bigger pictures, so we can see the details better? :)

15. Fresh Ears

Fresh Ears Big Damn Hero

To be honest, i was hoping that atttachment would allow for zoom... That's how bad I am with computers haha. What file type do I need to use to make it zoomable? Or do I have to just do full-size attachments? Either way, I'm going to put it together, and I'm also putting together a night version, and it looks way cooler! Oh, I love your work, Beatrice! Your posts were part of the inspiration for this (my first build). I've never done minecraft or terraria, so this thing is totally new to me but I love it! :D

Beatrice likes this.
  16. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

So I've hit a weird snag in my lava room. Apparently the rightmost doors and drain get de-wired when I quit the game. I'm assuming that this is because they're in a separate "grid" than the others, and when the game "re-draws" my house the first time I pop in that world on a session, it can't make the connection across "grids"?

Does "that" sound "correct" to "anyone"?

On the plus side, the doors are default closed and drain open, so at least I don't have to deal with excess lava.

17. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Haha, thanks. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if a full attachment works; it would be the best option to upload the images elsewhere and than link to them. That's what I do. ;)

18. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

This has been a bug for a while now, much to the exasperation of... everyone who has ever used wires :) As far as I am aware, it is an issue with the fact that starbound loads world data in "chunks" and if one chunk gets loaded and another does not, wires tend to break if they cross this gap. This MIGHT be fixed in the nightlies, but don't quote me on that.

Back on topic though, that last house looks awesome! Like a neon resort!

19. Fresh Ears

Fresh Ears Big Damn Hero

I finished the night time version! I love running around this place at night. I am going to find a site to upload more pics to, but for the meantime, here's the full tree at night. Starbanger Base night.jpg

I just fixed the daytime version, which is updated and a big pic is posted a few comments up, at the top of the page.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  20. mastercookie

211820_2014-10-29_00001.png 211820_2014-10-29_00004.png my little farmhouse and chicken home (not too big as well)

211820_2014-10-29_00001.png 211820_2014-10-29_00004.png

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014