Race Selket

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by GunmanRex, Jul 17, 2012.

1. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

Name
    Selket

History
    The Creation of the Selket started along time ago, a group of scientists decided to do genetics, they decided to mix scorpion DNA with human DNA to try and created the perfect human, when they mixed the DNA the scorpion side toke over! the creatures named the Death Stalkers went wild and the worst point is that since no poison was put into the creatures they use there next most infectious liquid... Scorpion DNA, they broke out of their cages and stung the scientists, they few scientists that escaped found out the hard way to check the landing gear, when the ship arrived the scientists Had already transformed into the Selket, and the Death stalkers escaped and infected more people the scientist back at the lab where heading to where the others had landed,the planet now fully infected with the Death Stalkers was claimed has the home planet of the Selkets, One Scientist, Named Soloko Acakvich, tried to make a cure he soon became obsessed with making the cure, he eventuality failed to create a cure and only succeeded in creating a incomplete toxin witch increased the mutation making all who took the "cure" became deranged, Soloko, believing he had made a working cure administered the "cure" to all the Selkets, witch made then go crazy killing all non-Selkets in sight, soon when the toxin stopped working due to being incomplete, the Selkets when into hiding, Soloko was hunted down by the intergalactic police for crimes against humanoids, Selkets after some time went back to society after the minds had sealed the cuts... but the scars where left, The Selkets now live as scientists and explorers,

Appearance
    [​IMG]
    The Selket look sorta like this in my mind but with hands like the smaller one and the shell completely covers them and a smaller tail(when fully stretched out only goes to head level (so they don't have to have a new thing for the tail)), Selkets usually have a black shell but some cases have brown, white or grey coloring,

Technological Advancement
    Futuristic Uses High-Technology due to there Lab Based Creation, Trades Speed for damage and accuracy,
    Uses following Items:
    The Stinger: Pistol, Shoots Dart Shaped Projectiles.
    The Pin Pointer: Rifle, Shoots Dart Shaped Projectiles.
    The Gun Point: Sniper Rifle, Shoots Dart Shaped Projectiles.
    The Point Maker: Machine Gun, Shoots Dart Shaped Projectiles.

Hostility
    Friendly, Will never attack unless provoked,

Historical/Defining/Notable moments
    They have learned to be more careful of things and they have learn the ways of science,

The Good
    Death Stalkers,
    Humans,
    Laser Cut Darts, Shaping Lazers,

The Bad
    Creation of the Death Stalkers,
    Death Stalker Invasion,
    Death Stalker Plague, Soloko Sickness,
    None,
    None,

The Infection:
    This article details the symptoms of the Death Stalker Infection:
    • A tearing feeling of the flesh all over your body, mainly being in hindquarters area,
    • The Retraction of fingers and toes,
    • Rough Black Spots on your skin,
    • Misshaping of your palms and feet,
    • The in ability to stand straight up,
    • When angered the feeling to raise your hands,
    • Butt Bumping when angered,
    • Liking to sleep/hide in dark moist areas,
    • A large Single Painful blister,
    Fun Facts
    • Because of the pain caused by the transformation the will never used their stingers(they don't need to do a thing for stinging enemies),
    • Because they are more human the Scorpion they do not have a tough protective shell(no special abilities for protection),
    • Due To having a shell around there body selkets do not wear undergarments(no bras/under wear),
    • Selkets can't grow hair due to shell over their body(no hair customization),
    • Shortly after becoming Selkets some said to just live with it that they would be a race well others said that they should try to be finding a cure, this lead to the planet being ravaged by war,
    • In order to find a name that fit their newly formed race they did research about scorpions and finally decided on "Selket" in honor of the so called creator of scorpions,
    • The Selkets Used Pin, Point and Sting/Stinger as puns in the names of their weapons,
    Credits
    Selket: Me
    Pic: Spider Man Video Games
    Template:Tctoocold
    Sprites:lilpeter101

(Please note the Selkets are meant to be playable)​
    :up:Do you like these, tell me if you do.;)
    Feel free to create a sprite and send me it if you do(Please?):iswydt:

Shadowsail and Zailiner like this.
  2. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

Nothing?

3. Grim

Grim Tentacle Wrangler

Very interesting concept, I like it.

Though I'll offer a bit of criticism:

Death Stalkers sounds a bit too cliche' as a name. It's like one of those types of names that don't fit at all, and are just thrown in there at an attempt to make them sound cool. Perhaps elaborate why they're called Death Stalkers?

On that note, might want to structure their current state more appropriately. At first you detail them as scientists plagued by a virus they can't control, but afterwards, you detail them as seemingly indifferent to everything with a sudden worship to Selket.

An interesting thing to see would be psychological trauma related to their mutation; you don't simply go from human to monstrosity and then make the best out of it that easily.

For instance, depict one such case where a scientist becomes obsessed with finding a cure, that he fails and only succeeds in furthering the mutation process, and becomes psychologically unhinged because of it - the formula he made additionally deteriorates his former intelligence, and he loses all traces of his former self. He then goes on and kills several people before being put down himself. This case earns the Selket their ill-fortuned name and reputation as the Death Stalkers.

Though that's how I'd put it down. My suggestion would be to basically not placing them in that position of power so quickly - make their tools a bit more crude, and detail both the psychological and physical struggles that will have transpired before they return to society as a functioning - but scarred - person.

GunmanRex likes this.
  4. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

I called them Death Stalkers after one of the most dangerous scorpions. and the selket are not the death stalkers, the death stalkers are just part of their lore, and i will detail some of the infection to becoming a Selket some more.

PS: i see what you did their with the going crazy scientist guy.

5. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

Crude weapons? you do know they use dart weapons, and besides it states that the Selket have been around for a long time so they have advanced in that time, but i could state that they where sorta primitive for a while.

6. Grim

Grim Tentacle Wrangler

Ah, I misread that part. (Kinda skimmed it. Lol) Apologies.

To elaborate on my idea:

From our perspective, to lose one's humanity is almost completely unfathomable. You can imagine that things such as the Selket's tragedy to complicate one's sanity to the point of non-existence - and not only that, suddenly their ENTIRE species is compromised. I can imagine not every Selket would have wished for that condition.

In response to this, conflicts such as war would be almost inevitable. These types of conflicts would ravage their planet, and subsequently, their people.

Depict them as a species who, despite their historical tragedy, have actually proved to be resilient against all odds and are currently managing their condition, not as one that have already settled into their new form.

GunmanRex likes this.
  7. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

Ah, i did the part about the mad scientist, and the reason they have settled into their new form is because they have been around for generations now, so the first of their kind have died of old age and the Selkets who where born Selkets are used to their form, they would have thought their race had been around forever if they had not been told other wise. but i will put a part in their history that at first they fought each other.

8. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

Wow I would have thought this might have gotten more notation, but grim's new automation race seems to be bringing in a lot of attention, even more then dragonith's dragoknights, seems that is gonna make it,

9. lilpeter101

lilpeter101 Star Wrangler

Rough Sprite of Selkets and their weapons!
    selket.png

GunmanRex likes this.
  10. Evinagro

Evinagro Cosmic Narwhal

interesting concept although there should be different kinds, simple kind(no poison, green) then the deadly version(poison, red/black)

11. Grim

Grim Tentacle Wrangler

Aha, I might just be a little modest right now, but I don't think they'll be seeing an in game appearance. Though a community might like certain things, it'll ultimately be up to the Devs. They are the ones who will be working them into the game after all. Unless visually represented and with good lore that could coincide with their game, they can only do so much with certain mechanics.

I realized that the Automatons are so visually disimilar to the standard humanoid sprite, that it'd force the Dev team to come up with new ways for such a fat species to function the same way a humanoid could. (Though it could also be pretty easy for them to do, I may just be putting myself down and believing that challenge to be more than it should be.)

Either way, I'll admit I like fleshing out my species' lore, but lack the means to visually represent them all (in both basic artwork and spriting.) in a way I intend for them to look like, to function, etc. It is to that end that my works on the Iachesis and Automatons will probably at most be appraised, but not implemented.

I've read alot of the suggestions, and I'm certain that either the species made that could be easily translated into the game (Your Selkets, or Saint's Leuthrians for example. They are very humanoid, and therefore are very easy to implement) or a species that are more "alien" in appearance, yet their authors also include a way for those aliens to "appear and move" in-game (Such as many of Dragonith's works, Nirn's Glunaughts, and shadowcrazy's Umbrastellans) have a better chance at being a playable race, than my two.

a tl;dr

Suggestions that are well-represented with a solid background, good artwork, and spriting of the in-game model's mechanics if they are more alien than the default humanoid, will have the best chances of being placed into the game.

My suggestions lack the last two, and I believe that they may be appreciated, but have very small chances at being considered.

12. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

Looks Pretty cool, But don't mind if I do some changes, PS what did you you use to make them?

13. lilpeter101

You can make changes if you want and don't tell anyone, but I use a game making program to make them ._.

14. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

What is the name of the game making program?

15. lilpeter101

16. Brixmon

Brixmon Phantasmal Quasar

You should be using Paint.net. It's better for spriting than that.

17. lilpeter101

I use Paint.net, but I don't use it for spriting. I don't know why xD

18. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

I just look back and ...someone need work on their editing alot I mean alot. I know I can't do it, but I could if I wanted to I'll tell u da truth I am just lazy draw also I don't got good sources to developed idea for an tail.

19. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

well, I sorta cancelled this race, just stopped working on new ideas for them and moved onto creating a new race.