1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Scootahair

Discussion in 'Character Improvements' started by SpaceKGreen, Dec 6, 2013.

1. SpaceKGreen

SpaceKGreen Existential Complex

A very, very, very simple modification, being a replacement for a single hairstyle.

When the character creator came out, a few of the hair styles for human females looked a little familiar. So I took one of them and edited it a bit to look even more like who it reminded me of.

SCOOTALOO :p

fem39.png

Just save this file, and paste it over the existing fem39.png located in "(your steam directory)/common/Starbound/assets/humanoid/human/hair".

1. Save it under a different filename
    2. Copy it to the aformentioned folder.
    3. Find the human.species file in "(your steam directory)/common/Starbound/assets/species"
    4. Open it with a text editor
    5. Find the female hair list, and add the name of the .png file to the end of the list. (Without the .png extension)
    It should show up in character generation.

Here's an example on how it looks:
    [​IMG]

Enjoy!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

That's... haha, what? Scootaloo hair, really?

NotebookTheCat likes this.
  3. Veav

Veav Scruffy Nerf-Herder

IT HAS BEGUN

NotebookTheCat and SmoothGuy like this.
  4. KrazyTheFox

KrazyTheFox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That is utterly fantastic!

To get the color right, too, add the following under "haircolor" in the human.species file:
    Code:
    { "b64d91" : "ebb369", "b20377" : "e76636", "711b54" : "944d32" }

5. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

Now someone gotta do a total conversion mod...

6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I was gonna do vanity wig items for ponies. I still can.

GLord likes this.
  7. Prof_Scootaloo

Prof_Scootaloo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

you sir are my hero

Ester Stark and Heartstrings like this.
  8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I can't.

Svarr Chanston likes this.
  9. SparkyRailgun

SparkyRailgun Void-Bound Voyager

While the very idea annoys me, couldn't you simply make them as decorative head items?

NotebookTheCat likes this.
  10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Believe me, I've tried.

11. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

Ain't it just make a hair, and place it as a helmet?

12. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Last time I tried it clipped through the body. Were I guaranteed that the upper body is always the same shape, there'd be little problem. Unfortunately, personalities get in the way.

13. necKros

necKros Space Hobo

The ponyfication has begun.

But helmets follow the player's head, regardless of the personality.

14. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

[​IMG]
    This is a mockup, though the Twilicane is a real thing available from that image's URL. Twilight has fairly long hair in the back. Having already drawn that hair, I used it as a base for a little wig experiment. The back part clipped through, appearing between the arm and the chest. If I were to leave parts of it blank to not obscure the body in those spots, personalities and crouching would get me instead.

15. Veav

Veav Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was digging into it today. I have enough of it up and running that I have a Desktop Pont trotting around and have a handle on the structure. The problem is... 43x43 just isn't much to work with. The pony will fit, pony + hairstyle starts coloring outside the lines, particularly when they're moving fast and it's going foof-foof-foof all over the place.

I think it's possible to change the size of the frames but that then breaks all the existing assets, and I'm not very good at pixel art so I'd need someone to downsize the sprites even further so things would fit. :/ -actually if I can define a new item class to use, I can give it its own frame sizes. I'll have to play with that some more.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  16. Iamgoofball

Iamgoofball Scruffy Nerf-Herder

dead game dead game abandon ship
    Well I guess we have a guide for new hairstyles...no matter what mayhem it will cause.

Svarr Chanston likes this.
  17. Karull

Karull Big Damn Hero

I haven't messed around with it myself yet (soon though) but I noticed there is a mask file for helmets. maybe that fixes the clipping issue?

18. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

I'm working on a crystal-magitech starship for ponies, if anybody's interested in making a full-blown race. I've even come up with a rough idea for lore!

Long ago, roughly 140 years before the invention of space travel, there was an enormous fandom of a particular human entertainment show called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. The fandom was called the bronies, and they were spread far and wide. One year in 2034, a few years after the show ended a belated lifespan thanks to the popularity of it, a group of brony scientists built a machine that could infuse magic (Actually just a poorly-understood energy) into a human, and at the same time invented a machine capable of giving a semi-pony form to humans. The machine wouldn't, however, allow a complete transformation due to high risks and a lot of deaths, so the ponies that were created were bipedal, and lacked a tail. This was fine for them, however, and within a decade all known bronies were transformed. A huge reaction with the rest of the world, built up over several years, led to an brutal uprising against bronies and ended with them flying off into space on several large starships, the first of their kind. This was believed to be the last humanity ever saw of the brony fandom, until 136 years later. By then, bronies had colonized 5 planets and most of their moons, rapidly spreading throughout nearby space. They still remembered Earth and their origins, and had detailed records and copies of large sections of Earth's history as well. As fate would have it, they eventually stumbled upon a large human trade ship, and learned of the other 5 races at the same time. Communications were quickly established, and trade begun as well.

Ester Stark likes this.
  19. ollj

ollj Big Damn Hero