Modding Help SBSE - How to color your eyes?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by l CRAZYDUDE l, Jul 12, 2014.

1. l CRAZYDUDE l

l CRAZYDUDE l Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've seen on a few servers that some people have a different eye color than the regular black. I've asked each one and each one has said SBSE, which I use. But that's it, they never tell me how. I've been searching all over for a way to do it and asking them again, but all they say is to look online... Could someone help me...

2. prodamn

prodamn Spaceman Spiff

http://sbse.hyunsdojo.com/ enjoy. it's all explained and to be honest it seems pretty simple.

if you uploaded your player file, take a look at advanced options, you gotta fiddle around with it, but i'm sure you get it working.

this is how it works, the javascript the site uses recognizes every color on your character and lets you recolor it,
    no it's REALLY HARD, i was trying it a few minutes, to find a specific color in that mess of bodysprite.
    Anyhow, the default (atleast that's the one for me) eye color hex code is "333241". (human char)

to spefically edit the eyes, add a new color in advanced colors under body colors the first color determines what color on the body sprite you want to change, in the textbox of the color picker, enter the color hex code from above,
    and click choose, now do the same for the color it will merge into, of course pick a color you like, instead of using the hex code again.

boom changed eye color. just tried it take a look:

1.png

to:
    2.png

i changed everything to white to get the eyecolor, what i did to get it:
    - screenshot (for me win 8.1 windowskey+print)
    - opened in paint.net (can be any image editing software)
    - 'picked' the color of the eye
    - and looked for the hex code in the colors window (of paint.net

have a nice day! (you can do that for every color on the body sprite btw)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
    XxL3G1TS4VAG3xX and Chaos265 like this.
  3. l CRAZYDUDE l

l CRAZYDUDE l Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would have never figured that out, thanks

4. Chaos265

Chaos265 Master Chief

Can you do this with visors on helmets too?

5. XFloraoX

XFloraoX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Its not there anymore. Its 2016 is there another way to do this?