1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Rydian's Starbound Trainer (Invincibility, Infinite Items, etc.)

Discussion in 'Outdated Mods' started by Rydian, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Rydian

Rydian Big Damn Hero

DISCONTINUED

This trainer has been discontinued. When it started it was one of the only tools to give building/cheat/admin types of commands, but nowadays the in-game admin commands have been expanded to the point that most of what's in this trainer can be replicated with the admin commands. In addition some people were using this to mess with servers, so I'm not updating this anymore.

Code:
    [IMG]http://s15.postimg.org/trt223ijv/rst.png[/IMG]
    [MEDIA=youtube]KJ7B26sCfGQ[/MEDIA]

This trainer is currently for the Stable branch on Steam.
    It should work for both the Normal and OpenGL versions, but NOT the 64-bit OpenGL.

Latest Update
    9/2/2015 (Pleased Giraffe - Update 4)
    - Updated for compatibility with the latest stable branch.

Instructions
    1. Run Starbound.

2. Run the trainer.

3. Click one of the buttons to activate that code.
      (If the activation is successful the button will stay blue.)
      Click the same button to turn a code off again.

4. For the speedhacks, just click the speed you want.

Download
    http://rydian.net/trainers/rst.zip

Troubleshooting
    1. Open the task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESCAPE) and make sure there's no crashed Starbounds in the background. It likes to hang around after it appears to crash sometimes.

2. Try redownloading it, or making sure that your antivirus isn't stopped it from working.

3. The normal/DX version of Starbound sometimes has a bug where if the UAC window pops up and the screen dims, the game will crash or lock up in some way. Try minimizing the game before running the trainer, lower your UAC setting one notch (don't turn it all the way off), or just use the OpenGL version of the game.

4. Make sure you have the latest Starbound STABLE version, or maybe Steam updated Starbound when neither of us was paying attention and the trainer needs an update and I haven't done it yet. Failing that, test which codes work and which don't, and post along with your OS and specs.

F.A.Q.
    1. No, Starbound doesn't use VAC.
      (99% of games on Steam don't actually use VAC.)

2. Unfortunately yes, most (if not all) of the cheats work online. Unless Chucklefish completely rewrites the way Starbound's online works (or somebody comes along with heavily-modded server software), most cheats that work offline will also work online.

3. Don't let them onto your server. This is like the first rule of running a secure server for a game like Minecraft, Terraria, or Starbound. If you can't trust what people will do with your stuff, then don't let them touch your stuff in the first place. You don't see banks letting just anybody walk into the vault, right? If they can't get onto your server (not whitelisted, don't know the password, etc.), then they can't do anything to it.

4. No, I cannot. I do not have a Mac, I am not going to spend $1,000+ on a laptop just for this, nor am I going to spend the time to make a hackintosh just so I can spend more time making something for a minority of users.

If somebody who knows how to do RAM/assembly editing (or code injection) in OSX wants to, they're free to make an OSX version, just give me credit for what was included, if anything (as the OSX build may be too different for any of the signatures/info to apply).

5. Sure, I post the table I build this off of over at the CE forums, and my signature has links to some tutorials I've written.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  2. Nienna_orr

Nienna_orr Pangalactic Porcupine

Tested it and it seems to work just fine Helpful i guess for when a update save wipes your things and you manage to get a few ores or things you had and remembered the number of it you had. other then that I guess those who are Ok with cheating it's working from what i seen.

3. PolarStar

PolarStar Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well, I'd say this is the beginning of an eventual wave of Inventory Editors, and creative mode mods. Hell, you could use this as a psuedo creative mode, provided you had atleast 1 of whatever block type you wanted. Haven't tested this yet, but I'm impressed. Well done.

4. [S]miley

[S]miley Subatomic Cosmonaut

and here comes the vac hammer?

carcrasher65 likes this.
  5. ahappydude

ahappydude Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just takes all the fun out for me, il pass

6. Rydian

Rydian Big Damn Hero

Thanks guys. ^^ This is pseudo-creative as far as item placement goes, but there's no invulnerability yet and I'm not going to make an inventory editor or anything.

Nope. 99% of games on Steam don't use VAC. Only Valve multiplayer ones do as far as I know.
    (It just seems so prominent because those ~7 or so games happen to be some of the most popular games ever).

Shiokuri and Svarr Chanston like this.
  7. PolarStar

PolarStar Subatomic Cosmonaut

Huh? Why would you think a client side inventory mod would get anyone banned?

Shiokuri and Svarr Chanston like this.
  8. [S]miley

[S]miley Subatomic Cosmonaut

i was just curious so yea lol

9. Rydian

Rydian Big Damn Hero

Okay, updated it. I added Infinite mercy Invincibility, so now you can have something that's more like creative mode (since the infinite item use gives infinite crafting of materials too). I also took out the version number from the banner since old codes usually work for new versions and I'm too lazy to update the banner every time the game updates.

10. Jackie X

Jackie X Subatomic Cosmonaut

Tried out all features on a new character. Everything works wonders

11. buboe

buboe Subatomic Cosmonaut

Rydian, I saw you on CE forums with these cheats. Keep it up!

12. Xelphos

Xelphos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Mind explaining that one to me because I get hit and nothing happens, then I die. I want it because people love putting Tesla's on spawn.

13. Jackie X

Get hit, and you have a "mercy" period of 1 or 2 seconds so you don't get damaged again.
    This mod allows you to STAY in mercy period.

14. Frosty12

Frosty12 Seal Broken

is it just me or is this not working ?

Iku likes this.
  15. Rydian

Rydian Big Damn Hero

Hey buboe. :rofl: Yeah this is just a trainer version of my scripts, CE generally gets my stuff before anywhere else since it's much easier and quicker to toss the ct at people than to make a trainer.

If you take a very low amount of damage you won't get the mercy invincibility. Like Jackie said, when you go into flashing mode, if the code's on you won't leave flashy mode. I'd like to just make a simple infinite health cheat, but the game's function for damage subtraction is used for monsters too, so making the player immortal with that method makes enemies immortal too so I need to figure something else out.

If the trainer's not working, make sure you run it after Starbound is open (say, when Starbound is on the title screen is a good time), and make sure you don't have a second invisible copy of Starbound in the background. Sometimes when Starbound crashes it doesn't actually close itself.

16. AshRichOak

AshRichOak Void-Bound Voyager

every time i try to activate something the trainer starts to not respond and when it starts to respond again non of the cheats were actually activated[/quote]

17. Rydian

Rydian Big Damn Hero

That means it wasn't able to find the code snippets I have it looking for. make sure you don't have any crashed starbound.exe processes running (use the task manager's processes tab to see), make sure you're using the latest update of the game on steam.

18. Jackie X

I can also confirm that the program will ONLY work on one running copy. If you have two characters up the starbound trainer will NOT affect the second account.
    You can run two copies, though. Problem would be figuring out which one has it on, and which one doesn't, if you forgot mid-game.

19. Rydian

Rydian Big Damn Hero

Well, the "pixel drops worth millions" code actually adds a couple trillion pixels each time you pick any of them up at all.

20. Tazer

Tazer Space Hobo

i have a problem every time i open the trainer, the screen in starbound freezes, i can still here sounds but the screens frozen please help

Peinguino and Firestorm3033 like this.