1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Request for comment, unstable 4/8 -> stable

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by OmnipotentEntity, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

put it un a code tag

phytophile likes this.
  2. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

Thanks. I'll talk with the other devs to see if it's a good idea (from a performance perspective) to have those functions autoload the area (I'm guessing yes).

3. phytophile

phytophile Void-Bound Voyager

Here's a new one:

I ported the same player and universe and mods folder I was using in OSX to windows. Unstable branch launches fine, even with the mods that conflicted on OSX, but guns do not fire projectiles and worlds do not load any chunks except spawn (see image). Stable works fine, but is a lot laggier (both Direct3D and OpenGL) than under OS X on the same computer.

Attached Files:

4. 1nfinitezer0

1nfinitezer0 Cosmic Narwhal

It's not a bug really, but most of the charging monsters now are ludicrously slow when charging. It's actually kinda cute. This orange/brown teddy bear thing with an eggshell bottom half grimacing and trying to run at you, hah

The | Suit likes this.
  5. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Well at least now it matches with the Gravity Slams which throw you up in the air and do no damage

6. RizzRustbolt

RizzRustbolt Existential Complex

If there's any block over your head when they do that, you'll take damage from slamming into it.
    But it's more fun to watch them "miss" with it and hit each other. Or to have them cascade it on you and shoot you up into the ionosphere.

7. The | Suit

Nah best attack is grab
    For some reason the AI goes around grabbing each other - as if one of those slow motion love scenes where you see the guy and girl run across a field of flowers

Akado, artbot345 and 1nfinitezer0 like this.
  8. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

Hahah, yep, we're working on these, but they'll be part of a slightly larger update to monster behavior and not in this patch.

9. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Oooo so there's a new patch coming?

10. metadept

There are lots and lots of new patches coming! I'm not sure exactly when this monster AI work will make it in, however.

11. metadept

I did change the name of the monstertype from nightquadruped to quadrupednight, but that should have been cleanly removed. Have you verified the integrity of your game files? Is this on an existing world (as of the April 8 update), or a new one?

12. Tux1342

Tux1342 Big Damn Hero

It verified no problems, Just played again, waited tell night, no problems, seems to be all sorted out thanks! (Must have been an old world I guess)

13. Amyas Leigh

Amyas Leigh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just realized an issue with pets on unstable, they don't seem to attack unless attacked. Is this a feature to keep them from nomming npc's or a glitch?

14. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

I think they attack anything you attack or attacks you

15. Blue

Blue Former Staff

Alright, so... doing this ended up with Steam Support replying to my ticket issue with a canned response...

Which leads to a page with email information for Chucklefish.

So... now what am I supposed to do?

16. The | Suit

Just say Steam client is not updating to the latest version of a game.
    So you can't play multiplayer with others, due to version conflict.

Since there is a high volume of support requests - they will try everything in their power to redirect you somewhere else

17. Amyas Leigh

Amyas Leigh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not in my game, not using any mods other than a .abc song pack either. They only attack if they themselves take damage for some reason, even though they were hostile monsters I caught.

Probably for the better, since the ones I'm using would be pretty dang OP if they weren't borked.

18. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Odd. They always go after what I shoot especially in villages