RANDOMLY GENERATED DUNGEONS!!

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Xxen13, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Xxen13

Xxen13 Aquatic Astronaut

:virorb: You've entered into the soft wet underground, lured in by the glow of a purple high-tech chest sitting in a pool of acid... You notice that the cavern extends a little more downward, so you hold out your torch revealing more of the uncharted planet. You can now see a very strange decorative Dungeon Door built INTO THE PLANET (Not sidescroller as if you'd keep going forward) , maybe made from the ancient Glitch when they were more advanced? Do you dare enter through the door? It hasn't been touched in thousands of years... What do you have to lose?

Just saying guys, Randomly Generated dungeons would be super amazing, You would enter them as if entering a door in super mario bros. just press UP or W, or simply E on it...

If you read this post, please leave your thoughts and ideas, i think this could be something amazing. :kitten:

beari78 and Tomato Master like this.
  2. Tomato Master

Tomato Master Noob Simulator 2014

I think this would be cool! It reminds me of a lot of RPGs that have random dungeons with amazing loot. Maybe these dungeons could have some special bosses too?

Xxen13 likes this.
  3. Xxen13

Xxen13 Aquatic Astronaut

Yea, that would be cool, and different LEVELS to the dungeon... It could tell you what level of the dungeon you're in on the top right hand corner or something, and have like 30 floors sometimes for the INSANELY equipped people that can't be defeated, and the only challenge they have now is exploring and finding crazy hard dungeons?

Tomato Master likes this.
  4. Tomato Master

Tomato Master Noob Simulator 2014

Imagine a dungeon with 100 floors. Every 10 floors has a boss, every 5 floors has a miniboss, and each floor also has 50 tough enemies. You might want to be prepared for that.

Xxen13 likes this.
  5. beari78

beari78 Guest

6. Xxen13

Xxen13 Aquatic Astronaut

Dungeon runner aspect would be SOOOOOO AWESOOOOME!! Holy crap, i need this...

You could ascend into the "deeper" levels by finding the doors, instead of literally going farther and farther down.

7. Jedi65

Jedi65 Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe make it a collectable, unique portal-type thing that you can mine. That way you could go around dungeon collecting, and not have to worry about marking the way to an incredibly hard to reach door in the middle of nowhere, and you could build 'dungeon arcades' on your homeworld. Maybe just have them use the same code as the ship teleporter and use tiny planets in unfeasibly far off places as worlds to contain the dungeons. I don't really know exactly how it could be made to work but it'd be epic...

Xxen13 likes this.
  8. Xxen13

Xxen13 Aquatic Astronaut

Wow, that would be SOOO SICK!! Like have a small chance that a little Marble drop from bosses with a little planet or galaxy picture inside of it (like on Men in Black). That would be super epic!

Dungeon Marble, Use the marble like on torchlight 2 to enter into a randomized dungeon... I would be in search for those for sure!

Jedi65 likes this.