race specific bosses

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by NoTimeForStalin, Jun 18, 2014.

?

Do you support race specific bosses?

1. YES

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. NOT SURE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. NoTimeForStalin

NoTimeForStalin Pangalactic Porcupine

I feel that maybe there should be a race specific boss. A boss that could be derived from the race's history or "mission", like how the Avian needs to find Kluex, and the human could fight the tentacle creature that took over Earth (maybe that is the supposed "tentacle asteroid" that is going to be a boss). The Hylotl could fight an Agaran leader. I don't know what the rest could be, but i think this would make a good end-game boss, so please provide feedback!

DaJoe85, Alucard I, rhomboid and 3 others like this.
  2. Lord Bit

Lord Bit Space Penguin Leader

I would love this! I'd love to see humans try and recapture Earth, see the Glitch destroy the hivemind, watch the greatest Apexes uncover the conspiracies behind Big Ape [and possibly fight Big Ape himself?], and everything else which I'm too lazy to think about it.

3. Lavranzo

Lavranzo Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm backing thiss, 100%.
    Seriously, Tiy, we will need this. :up:

4. THE_____

THE_____ Phantasmal Quasar

The recapture of earth would be awesome, just like Mass Effect 3, good times.

TheDumbBagel and Lavranzo like this.
  5. BiggyNik

BiggyNik Star Wrangler

This is a great idea! It would give people more incentive to try out all the races

6. Tomato Master

Tomato Master Noob Simulator 2014

Great idea! I'll be surprised if this doesn't make it into the game.

DaJoe85 likes this.
  7. flamingbacon19

flamingbacon19 Big Damn Hero

8. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

Whenever I read the starting lore for the different races I always feel like they're building up to something. One of the few sentient Glitches? My quest is to bring sentience to all Glitchkind or something. Florans are ridiculously violent? Start a faction and a separate homeworld for "enlightened" or "trade-minded" Florans. Something like that. Could be one main quest or different 'end results' for each race, and not necessarily a boss, since a lot of the game is already beating people up.
    Could even be like there are different types of end-goal, and you choose your ending based on different choices you could make. Either you destroy the tentacle monster on Earth, or you [terraform?] create an Earth 2, something like that.
    [edit]
    Which I guess is a lot of stuff they need to add, but it also would increase replayability I think. With 2D sandbox games like this (and Terraria for example) I always get comfortable with one character, and never manage to get anywhere with other characters. If they have different optional storylines, that's a whole section of game you can uncover with a new character, instead of just trying to get back up to your weapon-armour comfort level.

DaJoe85 likes this.
  9. NoTimeForStalin

NoTimeForStalin Pangalactic Porcupine

I agree completely with you. Maybe there could be a non-violent and a violent finish for each race. The violent could be a giant arena or dungeon where the player fights waves of mini-bosses and regular enemies which all leads up to the final boss. The non-violent could have you create your own "town" for that race sort of like the outposts that are coming out in the next update.

DaJoe85 likes this.
  10. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

Plus, each race's lore is different enough that I think it wouldn't be the same thing over and over, even though it's a violent/non-violent ending for each race. I think they could really get into something cool for each one.

I think this is a great plan o3o