[RACE] Dracontation

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Impish, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Impish

Impish Void-Bound Voyager

The Dracontation are dragon-like humanoids, who use nanobots to attack. This indicates that they have extremly advanced technology. They are on not the most agile on land, however they can fly by using lighter-than-air nanobots, and their wings.

All Dracontaion search far and wide for their ancient king's artifacts. These relics have mystical properties, making the valuable goods for other races also. The Dracontaion have gone on "crusades" to take back artifacts from other races. These wars caused distrust of the race, and therefore Dracontaions have a hard time making friends or allies.

Their nanobot technology, or as they call it, magic, is based on 5 elements, located on 5 parts of thier bodies:
    1-Mouth-Capable of releasing highly combustible nanobots. (Fire Attack)
    2-Eyes-Capable of launching ionized (charged) nanobots. (Electric Attack)
    3-Hands-Capable of releasing liquid/endothermic nanobots. (Water/Ice Attack)
    4-Tail-Capable of shooting heavy and dense nanobots (Earth Attack)
    5-Wings-Capable of releasing lighter that air nanobots that allow it to fly (Air)
    EDIT: These are NOT racial traits, but rather different weapons. (Instead of swords, axes, staffs, bows, or jetpacks, They use Fire, Electric, Water/Ice, Earth, and Air)

Can you guys guess where I got the name? :p Go ahead guess!
    I would greatly appreciate any artwork! :D

Spore images by me! :) I am not good at drawing, so..yeah. Anyhow, The wings would NOT always be in this position. The wings are like this: http://goo.gl/Wx7aW - All spread out. (I couldn't get them to look right folded down)
    EDIT: Pics now work :D
    CRE_Dracontation-0df9aefe_ful.png
    CRE_Dracontation-0df9aeff_ful.png CRE_Dracontation-0df9af01_ful.png
    CRE_Dracontation-0df9b813_ful.png

NOTE: They should probably have some red, but Spore only allows for 3 colors
    They would look sort-of like this. (NOT MY IMAGE)
    [​IMG]
    :fusrodah:
    I am not very skilled at spriting, but I will try.
    Thank you for your time! :up:

2. Sir Logan

Sir Logan Phantasmal Quasar

Now THIS-
    THIS is a good idea.

3. Thomas Lambert

Thomas Lambert Void-Bound Voyager

I like the idea that they're like advanced form of dragons looking for their old dragon artifacts =)

4. Impish

Thanks for the support! :)

5. Thomas Lambert

Thomas Lambert Void-Bound Voyager

If you could get a picture like the one above but with armour but no helmet, that would suit it perfectly in my opinion

6. Uncleleroy

Uncleleroy Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would defs play as these guys

7. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

No racial traits!!!

If the nanomachines of fire or whatever are crafteable items, is ok, but if they are just some random special traits, NO WAY!!!

(By the way, i love dragons!!!)

8. Impish

I was thinking that 1- They are all like a "starter weapon" and can be strengthened (each would be very weak to start and you could focus on upgrading mainly one or try to achieve balance), or 2- Each 'magic' is unlocked (found) and/or upgraded when the artifacts are found.

9. Liquidified

Liquidified Big Damn Hero

Now this is a really good idea like one of the best ones i have seen :) I love it keep up the good work!!

10. Impish

Thanks! :D

Liquidified likes this.
  11. Liquidified

Liquidified Big Damn Hero

npppp its really good! :DD

12. Eldritch

Eldritch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like the drawing and the general concept, but the perks you've come up with are vastly overpowered, not to mention the fact that we're pretty sure there will be no racial perks, so don't get your hopes up. I also think it would be better without the wings, so as to retain a more humanoid shape, or even better, a racial item, spell [or Starbound's spell equivalent], or perk, that allows you to unfold your wings and fly for a time, until which you must stop due to fatigue.

13. Impish

Well, the wings would be similar to the Avian's in use (However they plan to do that) and the different attacks could be different weapons, and you can only equip one or 2 at a time. These would be weapons, not traits.

14. Bombzero

Bombzero Giant Laser Beams

I like the idea, the racial perks seemed overpowered until I read your comment on that. this would also add items that were essentially junk to other races, but would be coveted by the draconation.

Seems like a great idea, one I was considering suggesting myself, but never did. (dragonic type creatures that is, obviously not the exact idea)

15. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

Perhaps with the traits the means that you unlock them each time you go up a rank, like you get the weakest one at a low lvl, and the strongest at high lvl?

16. civengine

civengine Big Damn Hero

This is so much better than my draconians.:(
    EDIT Please look at my post.:wut:
    EDIT 2 Link to draconics

Epicface likes this.
  17. Impish

Yeah, kind of. Or As I said they like to collect artifacts, I was thinking that some of these "artifacts" could be a new attack (elemental nanobots).

18. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

Yeah, i mean the availiblility to find them/ the threat lvl maybe be to high, and once you strong enough u can get it :DD

19. Infernahkiin

Infernahkiin Void-Bound Voyager

This is pretty much what i was thinking in my thread, except for the nanobot part, but why not

20. Infernahkiin

Infernahkiin Void-Bound Voyager