1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about the nightly builds

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by bludud101, Jul 25, 2014.

1. bludud101

bludud101 Phantasmal Quasar

I'm kind of confused about what exactly the nightly builds include. Are they everything that has been worked on since the last update? Or do they just include some of the smaller stuff while the bigger features are worked on quietly?

2. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

both. it depends on what's "ready." but mostly just both.

3. bludud101

bludud101 Phantasmal Quasar

That's a little sad since I tried the nightly build and it's not all that much different than the last stable build. Kind of underwhelming considering it's months and months of work. :/

4. benignInferno

benignInferno Void-Bound Voyager

Really? I guess the next stable update will be later than I anticipated. By the end of the year, perhaps?

5. I disagree quite vehemently with that statement. The list of things they've changed and added is quite long. Everything from Ocean planets, to progression mechanics, to a brand new tile rendering engine. The combat fixes, monster gen changes, and world gen changes are more than notable and change how the game operates very significantly.

6. Hefeweizen

Hefeweizen Starship Captain

Yes, the nightly builds are very underwhelming.