Presents! - Wrap items in gift boxes

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Trowzers, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Trowzers

Trowzers Existential Complex

I had this idea while replying to the prank suggestion - and after a search found that giving gifts has only been suggested as part of an NPC marriage system... (unless they didn't use the words 'gift' or 'present' so I couldn't find it!) Also, not sure whether to put this in the items or crafting area, as it involves both.

GIFT BOXES
    • Using coloured paper and ribbon on a crafting table, you can wrap items into a square gift box.
    • Colour the paper and ribbon using the dye system first, to create a wide range of coloured boxes.
    • If you want to be extra fancy with this idea, maybe even have patterened paper
    • When crafting, also give you the ability to either name the item or craft a gift tag, so even unopened you can have a message attached to it eg "To my friend Bananabrains, Have a happy birthday, From you favourite Sprout).
    However, as a prank you can also wrap certain items which will explode out of the box when opened (this is copying my post from the prank thread I mentioned above:
    • bottle of dye and a spring - when opened the present dyes the person that colour for five minutes
    • sparkly things and a spring - makes the player 'sparkly' for five minutes
    • po and a spring - gives the player 'stink lines' for five minutes (I can see this one being popular)
    • ocarina - after opening the gift the player is followed by a blue spark for five minutes
    • 'beans' - player produced random farting noises for five minutes (not too often)
    etc
    Most of the effects can be removed by immersing in water for a while.

I prefer these pranks to many of the other pranks suggested in the prank suggestion thread, because they don't negatively affect gameplay, they can only be played on the player if they accept and open the gift box (so they can't be spammed), and you really won't know if you are getting a legit gift or a prank until you open the box.

I think this suggestion would be a great addition to the game, because:
    • it could be used in fun NPC missions and quests
    • would really enhance RP in multiplayer games
    • who doesn't want to give their friends gifts (or give them stink lines)?
    • it's a really sandboxy idea - there's a similar concept on puzzle pirates and there have been so many great ways people have used the concept - eg running 'pick a box' game shows and countless other games, as well as clever naming/item selection for jokes and RP.
    VV If you like this idea, don't forget to vote on the link Suggestionbot is about to post below VV

AuburnFox and MSJesterkid like this.
  2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

3. Jayfeather

Jayfeather Industrial Terraformer

What a well thought out suggestion, I like it.

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Sounds alright. Has my vote.

5. F-ranko

F-ranko Heliosphere

I'll upvote it, but with the kind of friends I have I'll get nothing but constant prank items. Specifically those beans =_=
    srsly though, +1

MSJesterkid and Trowzers like this.
  6. Trowzers

Trowzers Existential Complex

Thanks for the support, guys!