1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Post your highscores!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by navar0nius, May 5, 2013.

1. Vennox

Vennox Void-Bound Voyager

2. Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

YAY I can finally join in this! Until now I could only barely get above 20k.
    [​IMG]

Died to "Commando" because I committed suicide in the lava. I had literally gotten to a point where I could just park in a corner and shoot occasionally pop abilities and my passive health regen plus the Reaper's scythe heal-crits and two hit-lists just made me unable to die (well, I almost died making my way down to the Cremators on the bottom because I had nothing to shoot to heal me with as they bombarded me). I wanted to see a score, and all of the items and monsters I added to the log from this run. Plus, I was getting a little tired of playing the last stage over and over, and I want to go back and attempt to fill out monster logs from stages two and three.

Also, it's runs like this where I really appreciate that suggestion to dim or turn off damage numbers. :rofl: Though that doesn't fix the giant, framerate-crunching torrents of money that still erupt from everything when you do this.

Added:
    Technically not my highest score (the one above is higher), but I really enjoyed this run in 0.30.2.0:
    [​IMG]

I could have SWORN I was nigh-invincible with all the lifegain I had (up until this moment, I could literally just stand in a pile of enemies and bosses and hold down fire and occasionally use abilities and no matter how much burst damage I'd get, I'd just heal back almost instantly), but then I got a blue Vagrant for the first time and underestimated how hard its balls hit. :c Practically oneshot by the damn thing. Oh well, now I know what that color means so I hopefully won't be so careless in the next unlikely event I do this well!

• hopoo

hopoo Risk of Rain Developer Developer

Damage numbers can be turned off in the menu :p

• Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

Haha, oops! I saw the thread for it, but I didn't realize "It has been done" meant it was actually in the first Beta release, or something that was gonna be added to an update. 8S Still, it made for awesome hilarity at the time, huge blossoming plumes of numbers all the way across the screen every time I hit FMJ.

• Regulith

Regulith Void-Bound Voyager

167,166 as Commando. Demo 0.30.0.0. Could not handle Toxic Beast + Cremator (there might have been two of one of those even) with all the enemies swarming me. I regret not scouring the previous level completely, because I know I missed a bunch of items that probably would've prevented (or prolonged, rather) my death.

Here's a fun trick to try if you come across the Jar of Souls: After activating the teleporter, just chill out on a rope if there aren't any ranged enemies/bosses around for a minute. Then, use the Jar of Souls. The carnage is beautiful. :rainbow:

Rawrquaza likes this.
          • Bewinged

Bewinged Poptop Tamer

Double cremators

Not alot of love for bandit itt :/

[​IMG]

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

• joey4track

joey4track Ketchup Robot

I want to see hopoo's high score :)

Joskineide likes this.
              • Venom

Venom Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh really? It's my favorite by far.
                New highscore:
                [​IMG]

• Bewinged

Bewinged Poptop Tamer

I heard he cheats.

Regulith and navar0nius like this.
                  • Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

What! Using Debuggers to test whether something works or not - how could he! I bet he let's specific events happen too - spawning in Items he needs to playtest, sheesh!

navar0nius and Venom like this.
                    • navar0nius

navar0nius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I also heard he makes new items to improve himself in every single aspect!! Can't even play correctly, can he?

Shrooblord likes this.
                      • SuicideSynapse

SuicideSynapse Master Chief

Just saying, anything under a million isn't worth posting ;) Done on the latest closed beta release :D Check this bad boy out: http://imgur.com/R3B7JoZ

hopoo likes this.
                        • Crimbo Hardstyle

Crimbo Hardstyle Big Damn Hero

Not quite as many points as SuicideSynapse there, but not far off either. It was... a pretty good run. I was so ridiculously powerful by the end that it took me getting one-shotted and losing literally all of my health at once to kill me, because I could heal anything less off almost instantly.
                          [​IMG]

• Vennox

Vennox Void-Bound Voyager

Does anybody know if there will be online leaderboards or is the Highscore menu item only for local Highscores?

I hope we get this online feature, that would help the longevity of the game I think. Hopefully in a post-release update.

• Rawrquaza

Rawrquaza Existential Complex

All you people with million+ scores, why don't you play hardcore? Here's my latest hardcore score. The 4+ cremators had enough burst damage to take me out, unfortunately.

[​IMG]

• Vizjun

Vizjun Starship Captain

Here's my high score, I was trying to die for 20-30min because I'm pretty tired right now... The problem is I couldn't stand still with my items : x8 Bustling Fungus (800hp/sec) ; x4 Fire Shield (800% damage, around 5k-9k followed with bleeding damage, rockets and mines...), so yeh I was just standing still to kill Cremators and Toxic Beasts.

[​IMG]

• EpicFries

EpicFries Yeah, You!

Its still going...I don't know how many levels I've gone through. Can I ask a favor from the devs? After the Bandit gets 5+ attack speed things can his Blast just be auto and not trigger? I feel like i'm playing Metal Slug. I can't imagine how fast Commando would shoot with 8 auto attack items. Also, time stop #1 item in the game. Its gotten to the point that I don't even use the headshot or bomb anymore, I do more damage if I use Blast only

[​IMG]

Records were broken :rofl:

[​IMG]

• Zone Spyker

Zone Spyker Aquatic Astronaut

[​IMG]
                                    I tried my best! but triple cremators got the best of me and my drone army!

• Myth

Myth Space Penguin Leader

[​IMG]Last ever run in the Alpha before the beta. You will be missed ;__: But the beta is awesome so neh xD

Rawrquaza likes this.