1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible New Race Themes!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Zosimus, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Perpetual Undead

Perpetual Undead Star Wrangler

A (post)apocalyptic thing would be pretty badass. I suppose they could have 3-10% drop increase from mobs, as they're scavengers and all. They could be lion or insect-like I suppose.

2. LimeTwist

LimeTwist Subatomic Cosmonaut

Steampunk.. Mole people. Like actual humanoid moles.. whos civilization is underground and can only be found by.. uh.. steam pipes leading to the surface? Idunno. sorta threw this one from the top of my head .-.

MuckyMuck and Perpetual Undead like this.
  3. Nukellavee

Nukellavee Subatomic Cosmonaut

I want to see a race of lizard people that follow the WWII troupe. They wouldn't be war crazy, they'd just be prepared for it.

4. Zosimus

Zosimus Phantasmal Quasar

I feel that the best race type for a Steampunk theme would be bugs.
    They'd prefer steam-powered than electricity-powered tech cause they may get zapped.
    For diversity in looks, different bugs, pincers (beetles), etc.

jetsetdizzy and Vsuchinoko like this.
  5. HappySailor

HappySailor Subatomic Cosmonaut

I wanna see a desert/nomad/arabia inspired race. I wanna be space Aladdin, or the space prince of persia. With all the unique-ness of this style, I am surprised more people aren't into it.

I also wanna see a tribal race themed after the culture of voodoo, with the demonic masks, shrunken heads, skulls, but just a little bit of regal stuck in to twist it up a bit. To be honest, an "undead" race would work well for this, maybe some kind of skeletons brought to life via technology, and their culture has some high class attire with a lot of darkness, masks, and fear woven in.

Steampunk and pirates would be neat as others have said. I think a dark nightmare gothic set theme could work as well, similar in nature to a "zombie" theme as mentioned a few pages back, but it could be more free, work a little bit of dracula or witchery into it, have tattered suits and wedding dresses, shackles and such.

Arabic/Voodoo/Nightmare/Pirates/Steampunk, these I support.

6. Questing

Questing Starship Captain

Did you teleport back to 1998 to get that gif? Hooooooly dog my nostalgia gland is in overdrive.

Quantum likes this.
  7. Beonadryt

Beonadryt Big Damn Hero

We need a race with no humanoid body. :D

Like a giant mantis-ninja race or werewolves with renaissance theme. :3

8. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cosmic Narwhal

Why make them evil? How about a race that just LOOKS like demons, and have been chased across the universe out of fear? Perfect eample of a heart of gold under a demon's exterior... http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Angel-Densetsu. Not chased across the universe, but still hounded a lot just because he looks "evil".

Vsuchinoko likes this.
  9. RabbidPicopreso

RabbidPicopreso Aquatic Astronaut

Skeletons - Heavy Metal

Just my Idea, What do you think about it?

10. XaoG

XaoG Ketchup Robot

Steampunk Vulpine Ninjas pls. :gooby:

Kistaria Prime and BlueMendari like this.
  11. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cosmic Narwhal

I didn't think of bees at all... Now I want some. I love bee-themed monster girls like Q-Bee http://darkstalkers.wikia.com/wiki/Q-Bee

12. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

Bears. Industrial age themed bears. Steam-punk cyborg eyes and ears.

13. I would very much like something inspired by the Roman empire, but with a futuristic vibe to it. ^^

14. Patchouli

Patchouli Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Perhaps interesting for something else, but not entirely sure how undead would fit into Starbound, though.

15. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cosmic Narwhal

Probably shouldn't try for that. The staff would have to reprogram so much gear to fit a non-humanoid race.

16. Shuichi

Shuichi Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'd like more of a mod than an actual implement of this, but I would love a devil summoner. I've loved Persona and Devil Summoner, so I would really like to see a race and a class type weapon that allows you to summon a (rather large) monster when you fight. (Mainly for bosses) The race would be similar to the human but Fashion wise more like Visual K kind of crazy stuff, trench coats and such. I'm more of a Pixel Monkey, not a Code Monkey so I'd have to get my friends to help on this if I wanted to make it. :(

Oooh.. But I can see it now, summoning a big Cerberus to attack bosses with. :giggle:

17. jetsetdizzy

jetsetdizzy Big Damn Hero

Lol, now I'm imagining bug's wearing goggles.

Zosimus likes this.
  18. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cosmic Narwhal

With the compund eyes, how could you tell?

19. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

Well. Weirder things have come to pass. Time for armed giant insect mounts.

Gatling Mantis

20. AlphaMongoose

AlphaMongoose Ketchup Robot

Ninjas, as cool as they are, are a lot like samurai. I don't think the devs would do that. World war 1 definitely.
    What about romans? Roman ant people?