1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Plz don's abandon this game

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by gur111, Oct 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gur111

gur111 Void-Bound Voyager

So I bought this game about 8 months ago and we're still in "Stage 1" about 4 months ago I've stopped getting updates and lots of people are asking for things to add for the game so I want to suggest something:
    Go back to developing the game. You got enough money for at least 2 years of developing.
    I have a friend that bought the game with me and he's all the time talking about how he wants the Nova Kids and how disappointing this situation is.
    So I really tried not to sound mad and angry but I am. And I guess that we all are (The community). And we feel like we had fooled that we bought the game expecting something more in the future and nothing happens. More than 8 month and we're still in "Stage 1"

So if you really have abandoned the game plz tell us. it's not fair to abandon game and not even telling the supporting community.
    And, again, if you have abandoned us, release the code as open source game and let us, the community, develop it for you. You just need to let us to the work. This game has a potential, DON'T WASTE IT.

Vsuchinoko and Pingeh like this.
  2. The Observer

The Observer Phantasmal Quasar

Not to be rude, but...

Read the front page.

Can a mod lock this?

Serenity likes this.
  3. gur111

where should I put this?

4. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

What part of this game looks abandoned to you exactly? Because all I can see is the opposite of that every week. Also don't speak for the community.

Serenity likes this.
  5. gur111

I haven't got an update for 6 months. Have you?

Vsuchinoko and Pingeh like this.
  6. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

I did actually. Just the other day. I take part in the nightly which as it so happens is active PROOF of development going on given how it changes on a regular basis. So they can't go back to development when the game IS being developed to begin with. Also might wanna look at the front page for the near daily newposts

Serenity and Yzzey like this.
  7. gur111

So that's another problem (Probably in Steam) because I didn't.
    Another question: Are we still at "Stage 1"? Maybe we're not because I got no updates and neither my friends.

Vsuchinoko likes this.
  8. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

9. Aye, Stable branch of beta hasn't had an update in quite a while, but the nightly branch gets an update near daily. The news that is posted over here gets crossposted to the news section on steam, and Molly even does a weekly round up of news that gets posted in the announcement section in Steam. Message me if you need help opting into Beta and I'll walk you through it, but if you do decide to opt into the nightly branch just know that it's very unstable and that there's a chance you'll lose your character/world data.

Hopefully that helps with some of your confusion about the game being abandoned. :)

Serenity and Jonesy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.