Plavium

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by Speno1, May 19, 2012.

1. Speno1

Speno1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Doing what feldemon reccomended, I am creating a thread on my idea 'plavium'!

'I was thinking of an ore that I named 'plavium'
    When enough plavium gets together it creates an organism, depending on the types of plavium that have been brought together.
    There would be at least five different types of plavium, all easy to recognise due to the glowing gemstone in their centre, with veins spreading out from it that varies in colour depending on the type (See below for more info). There would be at least 30 different types of organisms that could be created using plavium, some unique, some common, some just rare. The plavium would only transform once a possible combination has been made. Also some plavium would be much rarer than others, like dark. Most of the types would be quite hard to obtain for players with lower tier gear as well.
    e.g. 4 red plavium + 4 yellow plavium = fire elemental (a swirling mass of fire with a bit of rock in the centre, high attack but low defence and hp) 5 blue plavium + 7 green plavium + 5 yellow plavium + 5 red plavium + 3 chaos (black) platinum = Chaos construct (an organism that is overrun by chaos (due to the rare black plavium), with swirling dark matter around it, and transforms constantly, hard to make, and very deadly and strong with high defence and hp, with resistance to certain things if there is 1 extra of 1 plavium, e.g. 1 extra green = resistance to plants and green magic, 1 extra blue = has bonus on water and resistant to it, 1 extra black = stronger and fully resistant to black magic instead of partly. There would also be larger versions if you had double the amount, but you'd have to be careful in what order you put the plavium together or else you may accidentally create something else.')

The colour of plavium is what it represents, e.g. red = fire, green = plant, yellow = hot sand, black = chaos/dark/dark matter, blue = water, or even pink = psychic. Also some of these plaviums would affect the environment.
    Also there would probably be a way to stop the plavium from transforming, either for decorative or combination purposes. Also the organism created may even vary from planet to planet, or could be unique to your player??? Maybe if you have certain items that could affect it too. You may also sometimes see floating 'eyes' in the organic part of the ore.
    Please post your ideas for different types of plavium and plavium organisms/constructs.

If you created an organism that didn't use the actual ore as part of it's structure, what would be left is a tinted, with faint color, (depending on original colour) gemstone (same with veins) that is like coloured glass (this is due to the fact that the gemstone and veins contain the organisms). The surrounding rock/ore would be a slightly lighter colour, and you could use this to create coloured windows. You could also craft different types of windows and designs/patterns using this.

Any ideas I am completely open to and I value them highly, it would also be great if someone could draw what I have in mind, and post it here.

These are the effects that would happen when creating a creature. Each seperate plavium would do their own effect depending on their type, that would all meet with the other effects to form the creature, certain plaviums might be in charge of creating certain body parts, but the resulting creature won't show this.

In order of rarity:
    • yellow = hot sand : falls in a sand clump that raises dust. creature appears from the settled dust:V
    • green = plant : form a seed that falls into the ground and grows a creature:alien:
    • blue = water : becomes a puddle of very blue water that a creature forms in or ofo_O
    • Dark brown = ground: A rarer variation of hot sand, Instead of sand, rocks replace the sand. :geek:
    • red = fire : spurts flames that become creature :fireball:
    • pink = psychic. : the ore become a sparkly pink cloud that forms into a creature :lolwut:
    • black = chaos/dark/dark matter : spews black oil that forms into a creature :fusrodah:

2. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

I really like this idea. It would be fun in that you can kind of experiment with them to find out what you can make.
    What would these "organisms" do?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  3. GalacticRooster

GalacticRooster Big Damn Hero

EAT YO FACE
    ...Well, some would probably be hostile, some could be useful, and some could just be typical Starbound insanity.
    Sounds like a cool idea, though.

Speno1 and Croccy like this.
  4. Speno1

Yeah what he said :rofl:

5. Vapor Horologium Corpus

Vapor Horologium Corpus Weight of the Sky

so like some kind of rock monster?

6. Speno1

Not always, but if you combine red blue and yellow, yes

7. Vapor Horologium Corpus

Vapor Horologium Corpus Weight of the Sky

i would like something like that but mostly it is a type of mineral with i would imagine some sort of micro-bacterium inside it that when clustered together then they form something bigger

8. Speno1

Yes, but the bacterium could cluster together and leave the rock. The chaos constuct would be an example of this, as there would be enough bacterium to create an organism that is overrun by chaos (due to the rare black plavium), with swirling dark matter around it, and transforms constantly. The Plaviotes, (the bacterium) would sometimes breed instantly with certain combinations, or quickly, and either create a massive being instantly, or slowly grow and grow and grow. The colour of plavium is what it represents, e.g. red = fire, green = plant, yellow = hot sand, black = chaos/dark/dark matter, blue = water, or even pink = psychic. Please post your ideas for different types of plavium and plavium organisms/constructs

9. A Random Reader

A Random Reader Subatomic Cosmonaut

Out of curiosity, would your idea create one specific possible random monster (Thus saving that specific combination to that monster) or would it create preset monsters that are possibly unique?

10. Speno1

Well sometimes certain combinations would create a random monster out of a possible few, if that's what you mean. However the game would obviously have preset monsters to choose from. I'm not exactly sure what you mean, could you explain more detailed/clearly and I might even change my idea if I like it. Also the organism created may even vary from planet to planet, or could be unique to your player??? Maybe if you have certain items that could affect it too.

11. A Random Reader

A Random Reader Subatomic Cosmonaut

What I mean is that a combination of materials that had not been combined before would create a random monster out of all the random monsters in the game. And that if you recombined that combo, it would produce the same lifeform, and if on a server, it would create the same monster for all the other players.

12. Speno1

Hmmm, creatures unique to a player. I guess, but I don't think that should be true for all combinations. It's an interesting idea though, I'll include it!

13. Speno1

Anyone have any ideas on what you would do with the left over rock if the organism leaves it??? (Not all would do this remember)

14. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

Use it as decoration or building material, lol.

15. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

Idea seems legit, but there's too much combinations and new ores. Enough for the new biome. The game will already be vast and we'll have many options of making new pet allies. Also, if you'll use a mech/ship to move across the planet, your pet won't be needed in some cases. No offence though ;)

16. Speno1

I do not think there is anything wrong with adding a bit more variety and gameplay to the game, especially if it is something you can ignore completely. Forget the pet thing, the dev's don't have to implement it, it's just that I think that most of the community either wouldn't mind it or like it, I'm sure that making these creatures tameable wouldn't lower your rating of starbound, if anything, it should raise it.

17. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

Well, there are lots of fresh/new ideas, we don't know about all the posts here. Many of these ideas are probably great and it's not "something we/devs can ignore completely", but adding them all will make the game complicated. ;)
    So... community needs to choose first some ideas, if you (or "it") really want them.
    Also, the devs don't need to add all the ideas in the version 1.0, and it's not my work to add features to the game - I'll be happy when there'll be any Starbound update. As long as it's nice. :)

18. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

So a type of material that creates life randomly? Seems Legit...
    Dragon Lord Murky "El Fuego" Dragon APPROVES!

Lordofrye and Speno1 like this.
  19. Speno1

OK...

20. Speno1

Updated once again:

If you created an organism that didn't use the actual ore as part of it's structure, what would be left is a tinted, with faint color, (depending on original colour) gemstone (same with veins) that is like coloured glass (this is due to the fact that the gemstone and veins contain the organisms). The surrounding rock/ore would be a slightly lighter colour, and you could use this to create coloured windows. You could also craft different types of windows and designs/patterns using this.

Any ideas I am completely open to and I value them highly, it would also be great if someone could draw what I have in mind, and post it here.

MurkyDragon and Jimlad 42 like this.