1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Pets lost on Outpost Planets [Nightly]

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kodathekobold, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Kodathekobold

Kodathekobold Intergalactic Tourist

If you leave a pet on an outpost it will be lost when you use the Outpost Gate thing to warp away. It would seem it doesn't save the specific outpost you went to (especially if you accidentally murdered an NPC or two there.) I lost a really cool spider looking pet because of this. Just warning the others about this tragic way to lose your beloved pet and whatnot.

RIP Spider 2014

2. This is really more for General Discussion rather than the support forum.

Feathery Dust likes this.
  3. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

For a sec I thought this was gonna turn into the new Derek.. oh well, thanks for the warning!
    And yeah it kinda fits more in the General discussion section if you ask me.

4. Kodathekobold

Oh okay, sorry about that. I figured since it was a bug it would go here. *shrugs* Is there any way I can move this thread?

5. Feathery Dust

I think only staff can do that. Once a moderator sees this thread they'll probably move it ^^

6. Use the report functionality to request the thread be moved. It won't be seen by the mods otherwise.

7. Feathery Dust

Oh, well I guess you learn something new every day! I've asked them, it's in General Discussion now :up:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  8. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

Er... why would you move it? It's a bug.... related to the Nightly build. In what way would this be relevant to general discussion?

9. It's not a bug, it's a byproduct of playing the nightly. You have to expect going into the nightly builds that you aren't going to retain the stuff you get, and this specifically is the result of a change between nightly builds. It's not preventable, diagnosable, or fixable. It's a fun little anecdote about something that happened and nothing more.

EDIT: Also the nightly support forum isn't for bug reports anyway. The Devs have stated previously that they don't need / want bug reports for the nightly builds.

10. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

So that's why like, 99% of that page is bug reports? :p

11. Well as the person who got them to add the nightly support forum, I can pretty much tell you bug reporting isn't the reason that forum exists. It's for troubleshooting issues so people can play the nightlies, not for people posting "bug reports" which we can't resolve or have any real insight into.

12. Kodathekobold

Yeah I was curious too, but as I'm new I figured y'all knew better. It's okay that it's in general discussion~ Back on topic. Don't leave a pet on an outpost D:

13. Feathery Dust

They should add a feature which lets you place a "Missing Pet" sign in an outpost :p

Serenity and peacefrog555 like this.
  14. Lintton

Lintton Guest

That'd be depressing...for me. ; ;

There does need to be some tweaks to pets so that we don't lose then as often. The underground is a harsh mistress...

Serenity likes this.
  15. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Good luck we have yet to find derick

janusforbeare and Feathery Dust like this.