Mob Occular Demons

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Toakongu834, Nov 20, 2012.

?

What do you think?

1. Cool!

50.0%
  2. Blah...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I have an idea! (Pleas input in the comments.)

50.0%
  1. Toakongu834

Toakongu834 Big Damn Hero

IMAGES COMING SOON AFTER I FINISH THEM...

Have you ever looked in the mirror and wondered, “What if that’s not my reflection?” “What if the person I perceive in front of me is the real deal, and I’M the reflection? If you have, then you’ve uncovered one of the less common facts about our universe.
    The truth is that sometimes things we perceive in our universe are actually reflections. These reflections actually come from the 13th dimension, which is pretty much the plane of existence of some of the darkest, most reality-defying Demons of the universe. As our universe is not perfect, there are millions upon millions of points where the 13th dimension overlaps with ours. As it so happens, apparently the Occular Demons have figured out how to traverse these points, coming into our dimension with relative ease, and they can slip back just as easily. These points, called dimensional doorways, come in two forms; Doorways that are intangible, and doorways that are “linked” to objects that exist in our dimension. These doorways consist of Rift Plasma. Rift Plasma is a type of Plasma that is created when two or more dimensions overlap, and is a large amount is created whenever the 13th dimension overlaps the 3rd. Occular Demons have figured out that if they enveloped themselves in the plasma, they could pass over into our dimension.

Description:

Occular Wraith: These are Occular Demons that don't change form when stepping over to our dimension. Some have legs, in which they traverse the ground, while others don't, and these fly. They cannot be seen clearly except with a Speculum of Truth. Without it, they appear as slight disturbances in the HUD of a player, and would be very hard to see. Danger Level: Medium

Occular Doppelganger: These Occular Demons don't actually come over into our dimension. Instead, their unique ability is to "project" their reflection over into this dimension, as something that belongs in this realm. These reflections, however, aren't perfect. Since Occular Doppelgangers don;t know every single detail of this realm, they tend to make mistakes, a crooked tie, a slightly lighter shade of skin, etc. Such errors are slightly hard to see. However, Occular Doppelgangers' "reflections" are sometimes interfered with by a small fluctuation in the Rift Plasma of their Dimensional Doorway. These fluctuations sometimes cause the reflections to "flicker", and if you can catch that briefly, then you know what you're dealing with. One small warning, however, Occular Doppelgangers may look like some object/npc/mob you think you know, but even if that object/npc/mob does little damage, AN OCCULAR DOPPELGANGER WILL STILL RETAIN ITS HIGH DAMAGE. Danger Level: High

Occular Assassin: The most dangerous of all the Occular Demons. These Demons usually are found to reside in mirrors, but can be found in any reflective surface. The thing about these Demons though, is that they strike when you least expect it. They'll phase in and out in the blink of an eye, lashing out at you and dealing a high amount of damage. The problem is that you can't knock them to a different portal, so you can't hurt them that way, and their range and speed is extremely high, so swinging wildly at them won't do you any good either. Usually only a Planar ranged weapon can take them out easily, but Planar Longswords can reduce the amount of damage you take too. Only engage if prepared. Danger Level: Extremely High

Drops: Speculum of Truth, Mirror Shards, Rift Plasma, Various Planar Weapons

Speculum of Truth: Very Rare. It’s pretty much a snazzy crystal monocle that allows you to see the “true form” of Occular Doppelgangers masquerading in our universe, Occular Assassins hiding in mirrors, and the various overlapping points of the 13th dimension and our dimension. They can be integrated into any type of headwear, allowing you to use your headwear space on something and still be able to retain the monocle’s benefits. Requires: x50 Mirror Shards

Mirror Shards: The basic drop of Occular Demons. They’re like gel from terraria slimes or gunpowder from Minecraft creepers. Occular Demons drop 0-3 shards upon death.

Rift Plasma: An extremely rare drop from Occular Demons. If you take a couple of these and fuse them into your weapon, and the result is a weapon that can only inflict damage upon entities from the 13th dimension. So for example, if we took a dragon cannon, and infused it with 2 Rift Plasmas, we’d get a Planar Dragon Cannon, which has all the same characteristics as a dragon cannon, but instead doesn’t harm the Demons in this dimension. It will only inflict damage on Occular Demons. However, when you infuse Rift Plasma with armor, it would protect you from both Occular Demon attacks and normal attacks. (Original Dragon Cannon image by Dragonith) Example: Planar Dragon Cannon

Weakness: Occular Demons have to use the same dimensional doorway when they leave our dimension. Believe me, they can pass through any dimensional doorway, but they don’t like to, as using a different doorway takes away a chunk of their essence. The way this works is that there is a natural state of “status quo” in the universe, however, when an Occular Demon passes through a dimensional doorway, it unbalances the status quo. However, simply going through another dimensional doorway will not rebalance the status quo. Each dimensional doorway has a different amount of Rift Plasma composing it, so going through a different dimensional doorway requires additional rift plasma to rebalance the status quo, thus hurting the Occular Demons. If an Occular Demon on low health were to go throught the wrong portal, it could potentially die if it the portal's Rift Plasma Composure is large enough

Polar Bear and TTCBuilder like this.
  2. TTCBuilder

TTCBuilder Jackpot!

This is good, but I really want to see what you think they will look like to give you my full support.

3. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Phantasmal Quasar

This could potentially be terrifying and amazing all at the same time.

House of mirrors...