1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Novakids and Space Trains?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Alec5h, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Alec5h

Alec5h Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knew why Space Trains are the ships for the Novakid. Is it in some lore that exists outside of Starbound? Is it just what CF came up with for their ship?

I'd also like to know how Novakids and space trains are related if at all on a different level than just what the lore says. Is it because Novakids are kind of like a gangster cowboyish race (judging from the pistols and hats) and trains were very prominent around that time?

Novakids are my favorite race as of now, so I'd just like to know more about them if there is some stuff that I am missing.

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

3. ScrubNiggurath

ScrubNiggurath Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would you rather them fly around in a saloon with rocket boosters strapped under the floorboards?

StarCarrots, Lecic, Zuvaii and 6 others like this.
  4. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Yes plz.

5. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

they could drive a spacehorse if you want?

that would be kinda cool

6. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

But it would kinda lack storage space... unless the horse is huge and they are inside it? But then we would have all those horrible "inside a horse" jokes!

7. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

They might have probably wanted to avoid "Trojan Horse" and its more modern references.

8. ravenscroftranch

ravenscroftranch Industrial Terraformer

lol i can see the threads now.. "inside a space horse with a female horse charactor AI" >insert horrible puns and other group discriminating refferences< yeah no..
    besides the space train idea seems realy interesting to me...

Jonesy likes this.
  9. SeaMichelle

SeaMichelle Some Sort of Weird Fish Princess

Honestly, I'd prefer to see a caravan/wagon flying through space.
    They always referred to Star Trek TNG as "Wagon Train in space", let's put a wagon train in space!

Feathery Dust likes this.
  10. MrLevi

MrLevi Phantasmal Quasar

11. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

A billion times yes. That way they could drink on servers and start shoot-outs in their own ship with their friends.

12. ScrubNiggurath

And then you upgrade it to be an entire old western town, floating around in space...

Bonus points if the captains quarters is in the brothel, its good to be captain of the space cowboys.

13. Lora Grim

Lora Grim Guest

[​IMG]

14. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Guess with it being a Spacetrain, we'll have to settle for Spacetrain robberies.

15. ScrubNiggurath

Still friggin' awesome tho.

Zuvaii likes this.
  16. Typhin

Typhin Void-Bound Voyager

Will some people call him Maurice?

17. janusforbeare

janusforbeare Phantasmal Quasar