1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

No pause on single player?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Frito, Dec 5, 2013.

?

Pause on single player?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Of course

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. Absolutely

23 vote(s)
    63.9%
  1. Frito

Frito Poptop Tamer

What gives?

Congrats on the beta launch. The game is very good.

Sadeyx likes this.
  2. Verranicus

Verranicus Big Damn Hero

I just make sure I'm in a safe spot if I need to walk away.

3. Exorcea

Exorcea Hey, You!

Pause could be useful, but after playing Dark Souls and getting used to the no pause system in that, I can't particularly complain about the speedy save/quit on Starbound, and then just hop back into the game when I'm free again. It's certainly not a massive problem (for me, anyway.)

4. Attribule

Attribule Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You starve if you end up having to do things for too long though. Sometimes you have to be away longer than you originally thought you would be.

So far the only way to "pause" is to Save and Quit.

5. Gustavofthenorth

Gustavofthenorth Space Spelunker

This seems like a fairly simple request that should be implemented right away. I see no harm in it being put in either.

6. rocketcarlo

rocketcarlo Poptop Tamer

How do you just "save and quit", I mean... without starting over from the ship, once again?

7. Twilightdusk

Twilightdusk Aquatic Astronaut

Unbiased poll is totally unbiased :p

In terms of "pausing in a safe spot," I've heard people report that the hunger bar doesn't deplete if you're sleeping, so you could enclose yourself in an area large enough to hold a bed and have your character sleep while you're away. But ultimately I don't think it's entirely necessary for the game to pause for real.

8. hoschelhoff

hoschelhoff Starship Captain

Just fill the screen with dirt, and you're safe to do wha'eva you want!

9. Spacerogue

Spacerogue Void-Bound Voyager

its a video game, it should be in it, I'm rather baffeled its not.
    As for waiting in a safe spot, yeah sure but that doesn't stop the sun from going down. Pointless if you're exploring the surface.

Don't think its possible right now. I always start from the ship as well. hell I'v been abusing this to get back to the surface,lol .

10. LunaCee

LunaCee Void-Bound Voyager

Hunger also halts while sitting in a chair. So, just box an area pop a lil chair down and you are free to walk away to do something. Made afk farming where I tab back in every ~15 minutes or so to quickly harvest crops and replant while I did a few hours of forums and viewing web-comics rather productive in game. And its about the only way to feasibly get slow growing crops to actually do anything... those crops seriously could be tweaked to grow at least twice as fast.

Scynix likes this.
  11. rocketcarlo

rocketcarlo Poptop Tamer

Aha, I did it as well. But mostly I like to make my way back to the surface.

12. Scynix

Scynix Big Damn Hero

Poll missing correct answer. -1. Would not poll again.

Frito, Darklight and Twilightdusk like this.
  13. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Totally not a biased poll. SOrry but I will disagree. Given how sometimes you need to smelt industrial amounts of ore, it's nice to just alt tab to do something else while the game keeps running

14. Hexicube

Hexicube Star Wrangler

Surely just have a check-box in the options for people who like to keep the game going for their crops...

I'd agree with having it pause on single player, was surprised when it didn't and if I hadn't immediately noticed I would have left it and died. I don't agree with the poll however. :p