1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

No blocks dropping?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by tambre, Jul 4, 2014.

1. tambre

tambre Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi!

I just recently switched to nightly, deleted all my characters and universe to start from scratch.
    I did ship AI thing, got my matter manipulator and went down to the planet. I gathered wood and crafted a crafting table.
    Then I started making ground flat for my house, but apparently when I destroyed the ground I didn't get any blocks!
    Is this an intended feature or a bug? If a feature, how do I mine blocks then?

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Nightly is full of bugs, so much so the next starship troopers is planned on being shot in the next SB nightly.

3. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

gotta say that's quite the bug.
    glad i'm not participating in the nightly's

4. tambre

Maybe another piece of information might be that I was on a server with a friend.
    But the bug makes me quite sad, since me and my friend want to play together on nightly. This bug happens to both of us.

5. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Well you will just have to keep downloading nightlies until you get a stable version.
    There is no garuntee if a nightly will even load.

So playing nightly is essentially like playing Russian roulette except with 5 bullets in the barrel and 1 empty.

6. The new matter manipulator can't harvest most blocks. Pickaxes+ still work.

7. tambre

Then how do I get stone to make a pickaxe?

8. TanakaKenshin

TanakaKenshin Aquatic Astronaut

Stone pickaxe, btw, in current nightly build can't harvest iron and gold (may be something else as well). Diamond drill works fine as far as I know.

Not as strange bug as I have ever since I installed nightly, however. Don't know why, but no matter how I try, my char is omnipotent. He can't be harmed, and he can craft anything from the void.

9. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Use command. /spawnitem stonepickaxe
    And be used to it because depending of what they broke each time, you will had to use them.

It seems the game work like that now:
    stone pick can take copper
    copper pick can take iron, silver and below
    etc

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  10. I was lucky enough to find a copper pickaxe in a chest.

11. tambre

Thanks for the tip!

12. Clash

Clash Subatomic Cosmonaut

In nightly everyone seems to start in admin mode. Type /ruinthefun to once again become a weak, mortal, meatbag.

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  13. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

also if its on a sever the blocks might not drop is also a lag thing

14. tambre

The server is hosted on my computer, lag is probably ~2-4ms at most. It also happens in singleplayer. I can wait for half a hour for them to drop. But when I give myself a pickaxe they drop instantly, when mined.