Modding Help [Nightly] world.callScriptedEntity in Status Effect Script Assistance

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Claith, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Claith

Claith Big Damn Hero

I updated my project, and it works well now. The performance issue is a bit embarrassing, as the other things in this thread. I didn't look up the effect class, and the associated functions. I was thinking the addStatGroupModifier( ) function worked like the controlModifier and controlParameter function, where I had to apply it every update for it to take effect. That isn't the case. That is why I'm asking for the proper return value in the lua api thread. I do have a solution requiring another status effect with a duration, but that would be a messy approach. Anyways, I was adding more and more stat groups each update which was causing the slow down.

I do find my state of mind is quite different from most people. I don't stress too much, but I work better under pressure. Not over bearing of course, but until that point I work better and more focused as I approach it. I love a challenge. On the other hand, I posted the mod for one very specific reason. I don't like idle threats. It was a threat to myself above all else, so I had to follow through on it. I did not stress myself out over the problems. I only work on the mod for a few hours a day at most, then go play Hyrule Warriors or read. If it was a graded assignment for a class, I'd stay up though.

I did not find the goal unreasonable. The code worked, just didn't work well. I still don't know why. I can only assume that, with that approach, the server does not like having so many status effects active at once. I could not have known before hand. If I wasn't working in a near vacuum, it would turn out much better. I thank severedskullz for putting up with me, and also for finding my simple missteps.