1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

News on the next patch:

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by The Observer, Feb 14, 2014.

1. The Observer

The Observer Phantasmal Quasar

Source: https://twitter.com/Tiyuri/status/434272969846558721

1. *Update to allow us to add new biomes and make changes to worlds without the possibility of the player losing their world. There will likely be one more world wipe some time in the future when we finalize the universe layout. This won't include a character wipe though and you can still backup your worlds.

*A ton of work has gone into our patching system. After this update we'll be able to push content updates as and when they're completed, rather than wait for big engine updates to be completed. Updates after this patch will come at a near daily rate.

Additional goodies:

Valentines day items including swords, costumes, decorations, bow, etc
      New (actually sounds good!) microphone instrument
      Engine feature, tech can now be granted by armors
      Server stability fixes with many players
      new death animations
      Engine feature, all objects are now scriptable and interactable
      More avian weaponry
      Projectile changes
      dogs can now be captured (lots more pets coming soon)
      A bunch of new items and smaller pieces of content

Additional content has been created (new biomes, etc) but will come out just after this patch, as it needs to be adapted to the new content update system.

2. ImmortalFrog

ImmortalFrog Oxygen Tank

Great now we can complain our lack of valentines ingame!

PSS, Jonesy, Gorlan and 2 others like this.
  3. Marianne Asteri

Marianne Asteri Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Does this mean we get to give chocolates to those annoyingly untameable cats and dogs? :eek:

thatINNO, Jonesy, Grimmturd and 2 others like this.
  4. ImmortalFrog

ImmortalFrog Oxygen Tank

Y-You monster!

Hawk Novablast and Jonesy like this.
  5. Madzai

Madzai Phantasmal Quasar

Major engine tweaks, couple of features and some minor additions, same as previous patch. Well, engine tweaks always take a lot of time. BTW i hope DEVs start to work on adding/reworking game mechanics soon.

6. In before hoards of, "b-b-ut I can't get pixels anymore! They've turned into boxes of chocolate that have pixels in them and Idk how to get them out!"

7. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

8. timothyhay

timothyhay Orbital Explorer

I'm sad about my planet that will soon be wiped. Maybe I can join forces with 12 other starbound players and place it in a time lock somewhere else. At least it seems I can save all my building gear onto my spaceship and use it again? Time to start ripping up my Skyrail system perhaps…

9. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

They should simply have a save file option preserving Homeplanets from getting erased and recreated.

When will this update come? How will i now be able to "save" my stiff from the multiplayer, thousends of glass and all my stored guns gone before I can make it back b4 update. :/

I hope a lot more they will also when wiping this universe rebalance stuff again, its still pkentiness out there beyond belief.

10. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Two amazing things were written
    Code:
    Engine feature, tech can now be granted by armors
    Engine feature, all objects are now scriptable and interactable

ff13xxxx, PSS, Aeon and 4 others like this.
  11. Cyyn0

Cyyn0 Void-Bound Voyager

:) sounds great but when does it comes :0 because its valentine day so does it mean it comes today

12. The Observer

The Observer Phantasmal Quasar

Tiy did NOT say the next update will wipe worlds. He said that the world wipe will come when the universe layout is finalised.

The | Suit likes this.
  13. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Maximum errection power... cant wait for the next patch, though Valentines day is commercial crap IMO, still interesting to see if they managed to hotfix the volcanic planets...

Oh god no I just realized I need to update all my mods then <.<

14. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

Wat.

Grimmturd likes this.
  15. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

I have 52 mods I'll have to be updating. Not looking forward to it.

PSS, ___MeRliN___ and Finn Learson like this.
  16. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Ouch thats going to be hardcore

Zuvaii likes this.
  17. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

This is the reason why I play vanilla. Mods may be nice, but all that remodding after every patch is just annoying. Using mods before the game is released is nothign I wanna deal with so far. At leats not on that scale. I loved my full modded Morrorwind, but after Hardware change I am not much motivated trying to bring the game back to the moded state it has.

18. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

you can just edit the modinfo files to the latest one to make them work again

19. Grimmturd

Grimmturd Cosmic Narwhal

I don't use mods either, but I will likely give many a go after release, too. And as far as updating, the game will still probably have aplenty after release that will change mods, too. I don't want to compare this with World of Warcraft in any sense other than that they are both games, and they both were mod-friendly. Well, warcraft being more "add-on" friendly. And by add-on, I mean, "Oh, that's a nice feature someone made to the game. Let's implement it into the game for the next update and just claim it." There were a lot of add-ons we (as a raiding guild) used to make our time spent in dungeons as pain-free as possible, and whenever a new update came out, we had to update the add-ons. After a while it became less of a pain, and I really don't think I'd be able to do 52 of them time and again. If that's the case, might consider giving a few the axe.

20. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Woop :D!

Tamorr likes this.