1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

New Stretch Goal confirmed

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Somanei, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Somanei

Somanei Astral Cartographer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Ideas? What do you think it will be?

2. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Genetically modifying yourself.

Hugt, Kienan, supasammy and 5 others like this.
  3. Softenik

Softenik Pangalactic Porcupine

: OOOO, but i thinking about Deus-ex likey implants :D.

4. Tetrisash

Tetrisash Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A dinosaur-like race.

Internet, Dragoon, Seahorses and 4 others like this.
  5. Pigeon

Pigeon Cosmic Narwhal

I'm pretty sure those are already announced.

I think they should keep adding races etc.
    Things that REALLY excite people.

dhxmg and Evangelion like this.
  6. Ziiro

Ziiro Void-Bound Voyager

These are the kinds of things that have to be carefully measured, because there eventually is going to be a stretch goal you don't reach, and people will be disappointed they didn't get Z, despite getting A through Y.

Shippo, Kenwei2, Desolas and 3 others like this.
  7. FenixR

FenixR Cosmic Narwhal

How about some unique mission/planet hand crafted by the community with his own story and stuff, kinda like a DLC from for example mass effect (Just finished Citadel and it was awesome :D).

8. Galium

Galium Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Where's mah motorized office chair? :V

Office Chair + Motor = Best transportation ever

Zenuel likes this.
  9. Tetrisash

Tetrisash Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They already stated that the goals will be given to us eventually, despite whether they are make it or not. The funding determines when, not if.

10. Pigeon

Pigeon Cosmic Narwhal

We would need access to scripting files which I doubt we will get and we wouldn't be able to completely replicate the art style because we don't have assets liek ME3 besides the game isn't even out yet :p That rules out the 'Hand-Crafted' approach but where they do a contest for a story line would be good. A planet wouldn't work because they are all randomly generated, a new biome however could work.

11. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

Guys just keep in mind that most people you want the game NOW don't have the money BUT they most likely get paid weekly SO expect a MAJOR over $9000 cash jump within the next of weeks.

Shippo and xWild WarPig like this.
  12. FenixR

FenixR Cosmic Narwhal

Community just need to make the story and design the planet and stuff where it will all happen, thats it. Chuckle would then code it all into the game.

13. Simi

Simi Big Damn Hero

Pets or something like Pokemon system.

Yavga and ErekoseDM like this.
  14. Ziiro

Ziiro Void-Bound Voyager

What would really open flood gates would be a stretch goal that turns beta access into alpha (read as: Current build) access. I understand why this is a dumb idea, but hey, a man can dream.

Thorden and Giving Death like this.
  15. I WANT BACON. Ok Serious now:

- I want an "Planet Generation Tool". Where we can create our OWN Planet, our way, we set gravity, monsters, biome, etc... Would be Aweomse.

OR

- I want an Jukebox (music item) where we can Stream Starbound Soundtracks OR add an link to an Online Radio for example. It's nice an Social. (for servers)

Tueland, Kirsten, Shippo and 10 others like this.
  16. KirasiN

KirasiN Existential Complex

How about they just make a new trailer? :p THAT would be a nice stretch goal. Shouldn't require too much to make.

17. Somanei

Somanei Astral Cartographer

What I really want is an ingame monster randomizer that will just make a random monster every time you click a button, and you can save it as a png.

18. Shrikevin

Shrikevin Void-Bound Voyager

FF6 Colosseum

19. FenixR

FenixR Cosmic Narwhal

Mmmm... i wondering about the validity of Mod support on release as a stretch goal, although it really depends if hiring extra people for it will make it possible or not though.

20. Exterminator122

Exterminator122 Aquatic Astronaut

Give us the game right now \o/
    no? ok... Alot more content basicly, like a better end-game or something.