New star types, solar system hazards and events

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Yanazake, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

http://eborg3.com/Facebook-Graphics/Graphics-341-Size-of-Our-World1.jpg

I was looking at this image, by chance, and kept wondering... What about other kinds of stars? Sure, there are red and yellow dwarves, and i'm almost sure i saw some blue giants [let's not take into account real size, i'm talking about the graphical representation in the navigation map]

But aren't there any more than that? I went up to the delta sector before the last update with asteroid fields kicked in, and didn't see much variation. Why not spice things up? When events are added to the game, maybe things like the birth of a supernova or binary suns could be found among the travels of mid-to-late game sectors. Maybe even planets expiring their life cycle.

For example, if you are in a solar system that has a specially unstable star, and that of course means an event can trigger there and change the solar system a bit after you arrive. Things get extremely dangerous, but also, rare materials can end up appearing everywhere. I know you guys can make sand and liquids move in various ways, but what about debris caused by larger rocks falling on the planet?

Starbound is still on the baby koala steps, i'm sure, and that tells little of what can be done or modded about the game. So, i'm just throwing this here, in case no one had this mindblowing of a thought.

----------------

Since someone liked this and at least binary systems became a thing in Starbound... [still didn't pay attention to see if they appear from the planet] i forgot to add... QUASARS. Because, darn, QUASARS!!

Last edited: May 27, 2015
    NerArth likes this.