1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

My hype is dying

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Desolas, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desolas

Desolas Subatomic Cosmonaut

A quote from someone that I believe accurately describes the current situation.

2. Sarbinger

Sarbinger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It is painful having to wait for so long. I feel like every time I realize this, I feel a knife twisting in my gut. But the developers are good people. I trust them with their work.

3. Nymbus

Nymbus Space Penguin Leader

Not often does a fat pear shaped clown make me feel like going fetal position in a cold shower and crying...:cry: I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY!

4. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

Eh, it'll be done when it's done. And when it is I'll enjoy it then.

5. ipwnfaces

ipwnfaces Void-Bound Voyager

While I am looking forward to this game, I can only wonder what will happen if Terraria gets it's new update before the release of Starbound. From being a long time Terraria player with hundreds (thousands maybe) of hours put into that game, I am looking forward to the update and will find time to play it regardless of what games are out at that moment. I can only imagine that without the BETA release prior to that patch, that Starbound will lose many potential players who will just flat out miss the release or it's BETA.

Makes you wonder if Redigit knows this.
    Edit: For that matter makes you wonder if Tiy knows this as well.

Sakaru, Strongbuns, DudeUA and 2 others like this.
  6. EDIT: On thing is Certain...
    Things as the Terraria 1.2 will get back playing many people that did stop because they ran out of content, and many people of this community are old Terraria Players.

Then it's certain Terraria 1.2 will be a "hype" killer for Starbound. That may be something good to calm down the community since some will leave Starbound for a while.
    But Terraria back with regular updates = Starbound in the "Background" if the lack of info, dates, etc... Continues.

Coin and chek497 like this.
  7. Nymbus

Nymbus Space Penguin Leader

i think you should make a seperate thread about this topic.. more likely the mods will see it

8. josh jones

josh jones Subatomic Cosmonaut

Everyday I wait for this game I consider actually buying edgeofspace I don't want to I mean it doesn't look near as good but I'm not going to stare at my desktop until this game comes out.

9. Casca

Casca Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm going to have a harsh case of over hyped and be disappointed soon.

10. Spike

Spike Supernova

By the way, games usually undergoes at least 2 years in development before a proper beta becomes a feasible option. They're working on the game at a regular pace, considering the updates given to us already. Tiy had just tweeted that Roadmaps will be updated soon, and that it will be updated on a monthly basis, so you can probably see a new roadmap status rather soon. In essence, the game is being developed as quick as can be; we really need to wait for a bit before giving any criticism about the devs or their methods of development.

11. Savok

Savok Contact!

I don't know what the point of a road map that's never updated is. More annoying though is Bart's and Kyren's streams are the only real indication that anything is even happening and according to the main site they don't even exist. Hell Tiy's streams don't even exist there.

12. Xilitu

Xilitu Industrial Terraformer

tiy and other dev's have staited that everything you see on the stream ect is a dumbd down version so not everything isnt there just whats needed to try new items or new stuff and bug fix them

Strongbuns and WoxandWarf like this.
  13. Danner16

Danner16 Big Damn Hero

1.1 million dollars says there is still plenty of hype. With that said the problem is that people are just impatient and nosy. They want to know things and they want to know it yesterday. The reason the developers are quiet on almost everything about the game is because they want it to be a special experience filled with the unknown wonders that will be this game. If they start giving you all of the games in's and out's right away it would spoil the experience when you first play the game. Like if you know about a special item, everyone would be racing to try and get it, but if know one know anything, every item can be found and tried out along the way(until you find something better).

Polyphase, mangycheif and Rookee like this.
  14. T-Rex

T-Rex Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

What i feel everyday when i check my email and there's no BETA
    [​IMG]

But i can wait

Coin, druid, Freddy67h and 17 others like this.
  15. nofo

nofo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What worries me the most is what is shown does not reflect the roadmap in its current state. As in I suspect they may be misleading us or being extremely generous with their current roadmap progress.

Aside from that though, regardless of terraria 1.2 I am fairly confident this game will be better.

DaviDeil, DudeUA and Knivez5 like this.
  16. Zody

Zody Weight of the Sky

Yeah, from what i have seen i'm even starting to doubt that we will see the beta until sometime late 2013 or early next year, not to mention the full game.

DudeUA likes this.
  17. Sogin

Sogin Industrial Terraformer

Desolas, you haven't even been a member of this forum for a month... I would say that the rate of info has increased lately and even a nice road map was created to show us how progress on the game was going. It takes time to create a game so don't expect it to come out anytime soon.

Cassiterides, druid and Affero like this.
  18. josh jones

josh jones Subatomic Cosmonaut

You can follow the game without registering for the forums . most people register when they feel the need to post something.

Sakaru, Ublind, Neroid and 9 others like this.
  19. Alluvian_Est-Endrati

Alluvian_Est-Endrati Existential Complex

Hype is not meant to last forever; a heightened sense of stimulation, excitement, etc. is not something that can be realistically sustained long-term in a fanbase even under optimal conditions. Truthfully the developers have not done too much to hype the game yet; the trailer is still being developed, the game is still in an Alpha state; the only Hype thus far is what has occurred naturally out from the available content and community expectations. Things like the streams are only widely known of within the existing community already following the game; who are (in theory) those people who do not need further hype to become players/customers/supporters of the game.

In the end all 'hype' is meant to do is attract and drawn new interest in something. Such hype that had occurred has done its job well. Now that the pre-order hype period is essentially over, we are back to the community phase of attending to those who are interested in the game (as well as net new parties who discover it). The next period of hype will be towards the start of Beta and from then to launch I would expect.

20. Shippo

Shippo Existential Complex

It's painful to wait, but some people are really overreacting.
    We've been given tons of information about Starbound!
    Waiting is all we can do. Creating fear will do no good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.