1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Digital Mopy's Art Puddle

Discussion in 'Art' started by Mopy, Apr 2, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

After seeing and being inspired by all the wonderful art threads in our community, I decided to create my very own. My art has taken a backseat to other distractions and obligations over the past few years, so hopefully this thread will help inspire me to devote more time to creating art. I also hope that this thread will inspire other members to create and showcase their art as well. Art was, is, and always will be a very important part of my life, both personally and professionally, so thank you for inspiring me. Now, take a deep breath, jump into my Art Puddle and enjoy!

My Art

When people ask me what my art is like, I usually describe it as very whimsical work from my subconscious. I suppose my art it some sort of fabulous conglomerate of surrealism, pop art, and post modern. While I do think most of my art has a sort of whimsy to it, I guess the style of my art can also be determined by the medium I use to create it. My illustrations are probably more whimsical than my other work, but you can also see elements of deranged humor in my illustrations. Quite a few people have compared my work to Dr. Seuss, and while I never really considered him a direct inspiration of mine, I can see where people might make that comparison. I tend to explore the idea of other worlds and realms within my art. In fact, I find that part of the magic of art is being able to take you to a reality outside of our own. You can view my art in the spoiler below. I’ve separated my art into different categories, and while you can see examples of my art in various media, I will be adding mostly digital work in the future.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

April Fools’ Day Art

I had planned to create an art thread a week or so before April Fools’ rolled around. I was trying to get things organized and ready to make my thread. Unfortunately April 1st arrived before I got my thread up and running, and my inner prankster decided to take control. I spent the better part of April 1st creating art that was both gross and slightly disturbing. I wrote a short intro for this particular art stating that it evoked “warm and fuzzy feelings!” You can view the April Fools’ Day art in the spoiler below. While they were created with mischievous intentions, I am actually rather proud of how some of them came out!

Since this thread is very new and is still a work in progress, I only have a few works of art to show you. These images are very near and dear to my heart. They make me think about love, life and whimsy. These images evoke warm and fuzzy feelings for me, and I hope that they brighten your day just a tiny bit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Poovatars

I also created an absurd concept for art requests on April Fools’ Day that I lovingly called Poovatars. I shared my fictious love for poo on my thread and encouraged others to share that love with me by requesting a Poovatar. I also asked people to share specific details of the bowl movement that inspired their request. While I never intended to actually create a Poovatar, I did end up making a few that people requested for fun. While I certaintly don’t enjoy poo as much as I originally led people to believe, I the resulting art made me smile, and I decided to leave Poovatars as a valid option for art requests. You can see the Poovatars I’ve created already in the spoiler below, and you can still request your very own Poovatar. Please specify in your request that you’d like a Poovatar lest you want a work of art that contains no poo whatsoever.

Since I am always looking for new and exciting inspiration and challenges, I am now officially taking requests for a little project I’d like to call Poovatars! What is a Poovatar you ask? Well, simply put, it is an avatar of poo, but not just any poo—YOUR POO! That’s right, poo is such a beautiful thing, and I’ve really been into rending the fine details of the various colors, textures, and consistencies we all create with our butts. Have you ever had a poo that was so awesome you wanted to celebrate it? Well here’s your chance. Just leave a post describing your poo, and I will create an avatar just for you! Please don’t skimp on the details—I want to know everything. What size, color, consistency was it? Did it have little surprises tucked inside the silky crevices? What did you eat to create your wonderful poo? How did it smell (no really) even this detail could help me create a more accurate rendition of your toilet friend. We all have bowl movements, and now your bowls can move me to create wonderful works of art. I will try to get to requests as soon as I can, but please be patient, as I’m sure lots of members will be lining up to get their Poovatar.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Requests

Need art? Well you’re in luck because I do take art requests but there are a few things you should know first. I will try just about anything, but I may deny your request if I think it is beyond my capability, I have too many pending requests, or I simply do not have enough time. Please be aware that my free time varies quite a bit, and I will also be working on other art projects simultaneously so I cannot guarantee your request will be finished in a certain amount of time. That said, Please let me know if you need requested work within a certain amount of time. This will help me determine if I should take your request or not based on the timeframe I’m given to complete it. You can view a list of requests in the spoiler below. I will try to label the requests as WIP (work in progress) or FT (finishing touches), and I will be crossing off finished requests. If your request does not have a label it means I haven’t started.

Wox's Poovatar
    BBQ's Poovatar
    Shooting Star's Portrait - FT
    Moursi's KFC Art
    cynnacle's Art
    Wox's Woxbot

Contests
    Coming Soon!

[c] Mopy All Rights Reserved

Noc, Seb, KirasiN and 6 others like this.
  2. Shooting Star

Shooting Star Existential Complex

I'm intrested in the art you throw at us but the poo part is kinda unsetteling... and the pictures kinda scare me :oops:

3. Oh no! They scare you? Look at how CUTE they are though! :catface: Also, you don't want a Poovatar? Well Star, we all do it, but I can understand if you don't want one. Anyhoo, thank you so much for stopping by. :love:

4. Shooting Star

I don't really consider poo being cute :lod:
    Of course it's something natural but that doesn't mean my avatar needs to consist out of it D:

And I would like to stop by another time
    But for something you really put your heart in :up:

5. Hey now, I put a lot of heart into each and every one of my Poovatars! Maybe you'll enjoy some of my other art? :unsure:

6. Shooting Star

Maybe I will
    But it could be possible your art is not really my taste
    But that doesn't mean it's bad ;)
    it's just the poo thing... it almost seems like you're obsessed with it
    And it's kinda gross... :cry:

7. Hummm, perhaps you're right Star. I do appreciate the feedback. Maybe I should concentrate more on blood and guts and less on poo.

8. Shooting Star

Ehhh I'm not really a fan of blood and guts but
    You gotta follow your heart

Mopy likes this.

9. Should I make you a Poovatar Wox? :)

WoxandWarf likes this.
  10. Shooting Star

Oh god...

Mopy and WoxandWarf like this.
  11. BBQ

BBQ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is possibly one of the most interesting yet disturbing threads I've seen in quite some time...

MasterChief, Shooting Star and Mopy like this.
  12. Ladies and gentlemen, we have our first POOVATAR!
    [​IMG]

MasterChief, Noobih, Dtb290 and 6 others like this.
  13. BBQ

BBQ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok, after seeing that, I think I want one. Just for kicks,
    Consistency: Cement hard! No, no. Titanium/diamond hard.
    Color: Crimson
    What I ate: Plenty of BBQ ;)
    Size: This is irrelevant, no?
    Surprises: Me telling you what my poo looked like.

Mopy likes this.
  14. Here ya go! One Poovatar for you! :giggle:
    [​IMG]

BBQ likes this.
  15. Moursi Fanshawe

Moursi Fanshawe Industrial Terraformer

Okay, Mopy. Are you on drugs xD?

Also, I would like a poovatar. I had KFC to create my poo. There are still bits of that lovely KFC, batter and even the bucket itself :3.

If you wouldn't mind (you don't have to do this, but it would make it even better), could you draw this guy swimming in it:

[​IMG]

It's my character (Moursi Fanshawe). Thanks Mopy c:

WoxandWarf likes this.
  16. KirasiN

KirasiN Existential Complex

This seems relevant:

Mopy, WoxandWarf, Cynnacle and 3 others like this.
  17. Ellie396

Ellie396 Void-Bound Voyager

What is this I don't even ..

18. Shooting Star

I'm surprised I actually watched the whole video....

WoxandWarf, BBQ and KirasiN like this.
  19. KirasiN

KirasiN Existential Complex

I don't even know that game. I watched that video years ago...today I suddenly remembered it. :rofl:

20. Hey everyone I just wanted to clarify something...

:giggle: :poo: APRIL FOOLS :poo: :giggle:

So here's the story, I wanted to put together an art thread to show my work (old and new) take requests (to help inspire me), and I'd actually like to start a little unofficial contest. I'd planned all of this is to help inspire me to create art more frequently, improve my skills, get feedback, and maybe even help inspire someone else to create art :)notworthy:). The thread title, despite it's quirkiness, is completely serious. I wanted a creative title that is a reflection of me, and well, I think rain puddles are sort of magical. In fact, Puddle Place is the name of my first solo album as well as the Etsy shop that I never use (I give away most of what I make). I've been putting things together for my art thread for a while, and I was being completely genuine when I said...

Pretty much everything after that point is an April Fools joke. I don't normally draw such gruesome things, and I don't really like poo as much the thread would imply lol. :giggle: That said, I actually had fun making my Poovatars, and if you'd really like one, I will try my best to create one for you. I am officially taking requests for things other than Poovatars, so feel free to leave a request, and I will do my best to create it! Having said that, I make no guarantees that my art will fulfill your expectations but I do promise that if I accept your request, I will do nothing short of my best. :love:

I will be changing up the OP to let people know I'm taking real requests, and I will be adding art that is more typical of what I normally create. I might not get to it today, but I expect the changes will happen soon! I really do appreciate everyone stopping by and the support people have given me so far whether you got the joke or not. In all honesty, I thought I was being so over the top that it would be clear it was an April Fools prank, but I apologize if you were mislead in any way :oops: . I hope that this won't deter people from stopping back to check out new art that I post and/or making more serious art requests because I promise my intentions are genuine :love:. Thanks again for stopping by! :catface: