Modification Table. Modifiable Matter Manipulator and more.....

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by Azraile, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

I suggest adding a Modification table to the ship. This would allow you to socket items into other items altering there mechanics or stats.

Starting with..... The matter manipulator....

Slots could be....

Primary focus lenses - controls the size when clicking an area
    Secondary focus lenses - controls the size when shift clicking an area.
    Emitter array - controls the amount the manipulator 'damages' blocks..... increases power use the more it dose
    Power modulator - controls how often the manipulator pulses.... increases power use the faster it dosea

And yes I'm suggesting the manipulator use power now.... but not much unmodified.

It would start with nothing in any of the slots, and the first upgrades could be very simply made on a crafting table with glass.

Then you need parts made on the crafted table with parts made in the metalworkers thing....

Then the mechanic table.....

Then (my suggestions for higher tech) advanced robotics lab

and finally nanotech assemblage.

However the table would work with anything, particularly guns and high tech armor and weapons. (lightsaber crystals? you knoww you want them)

2. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

[​IMG]

made an example woot

[​IMG]
    and there is another... though not quite so good

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  3. __MaX__

__MaX__ Poptop Tamer

Pretty neat suggestion :)

4. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

Thank you, pics what i threw together as an example as what it would look like first time you used it.

5. AldoKaido

AldoKaido Starship Captain

6. Darkfox190

Darkfox190 Void-Bound Voyager

I like the idea. Currently, after I gather enough materials to make a pickaxe and axe, I never go back to the Matter Manipulator. And you don't even need it to place blocks or anything - I've been leaving it in my ship's locker, just in case they do change it to have some use. Personally, I think it's a really neat concept and I'd love to use it instead of the other tools, but it's absolutely, completely terrible. It's only benefit, range, is negated by walking, and that just... Well, it takes something high tech and makes you wonder why they'd even invent it in the first place.

So, I'm in support of this, fully!

7. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

Well the idea is to be able to mod all sorts of things....... guns, armor, and even mechs

8. ohgoditburns

ohgoditburns Void-Bound Voyager

I like this a lot. I hate the idea of using a pickaxe even by the time I can leave the first planet.

9. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

You could even say edit your mech so it it could jump higher or mine or have better weapons

10. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

added a mech exsample

11. SunChaos

SunChaos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

+1
    relly hoping the devs are going to pick this idea up
    maybe you could add rare items as loot in chests that has sligthly better stats than the craftable variant

kinda like this:
    craftet primary Focus t1: 3 x 3 +3 energy used per second
    looted primary Focus t1 uncommon: 3 x 3 +2 energy used per second
    looted primary Focus t1 rare: 3 x 3 +1 energy used per second
    looted primary Focus t1 legendary: 3 x 3 +0 energy used per second

bbbing likes this.
  12. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

rare mods would be part of the idea, yes

13. Kisse

Kisse Contact!

There is no reason to ever change the size of the shift-click feature of the matter manipulator. We will always need a 1x1 selection ability... the shift-click provides this.

14. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

It's just an example.

15. Kisse

Kisse Contact!

I understand... I'm just a professional buzzkiller...

16. Tilldadadada

Tilldadadada Astral Cartographer

I really like this idea, but right now I see a few difficult problems, balancing wise, it would propably mess everything up again, and I'm changing my weapons quite a bit so I don't know if it would be worth it :)

17. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

well you wouldn't be changing your weapons as much.... just the attachments to them.

18. Tilldadadada

Tilldadadada Astral Cartographer

so you could remove attachements? But the Attachement would need to give a relative increase like e.g. +10 percent damage/ range. With 10 different weapon tiers it would cost a lot of time to collect new attachement for each tier. What I mean is that you change your equipement every 2 hours or so in the beginning of the game, because you travers pretty fast through the first 2 bosses

19. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

YAh you can switch them out otherwise you would kinda brake your manipulator the first time you edit it lol

well not brake but lock it down.... that would suck

20. urna

urna Tentacle Wrangler