Modding Help Mod Assistance/Help Needed - New Race: The Lyxaris

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Hazanator, Apr 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazanator

Hazanator Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is pretty cool! But, we actually managed to get someone who could salvage the work we already had from the artist so we could get stuff moving. I worked out one of the biggest problems with the mod, which was marking style. A bit of evidence that we're still working on stuff over here! http://pastebin.com/RxZciEuD

2. Hazanator

It is with the utmost regret that I tell you guys that we're delayed by at least 3 weeks.

We have some of our sprite art half-done, but our body sprite artist has to lay low for 3 weeks. I intended to release once we had adjusted a set of armour for their body as well as finished the markings settings/male body, but that will be delayed heavily UNLESS someone is willing to join up with us and finish the sprites for us. We have too much work to start anew and we're pleased with the body sprites we have now, but swimming and walking animations need to be finished, the male body needs to be done and markings needs to be completed (which their designs are, but they need to be properly placed over the bodies.) Unless someone wants to join in and help finish this, we won't be releasing for at least a month.

At least there is a bit of good news, we have someone working on a ship; here's a proof of concept/work in progress:

[​IMG]

3. Spatial_Pioneer

Spatial_Pioneer Void-Bound Voyager

I can't help you with the first part, (though I wish you luck) what I can suggest is tweaking the ship just slightly to improve player appeal. The art looks fine, what I mean in particular is unique starting items, increased fuel capacity, or minor decorations that can be moved or stored.

Little bonuses to the ship can be the difference sometimes. I've chosen one mod over the other simply because one had a 2000 unit fuel tank.

Someone could be scrolling through and be on the fence until they see something special, which would make them more likely to download.

Just a suggestion, and it would be easier to implement NOW rather than after release!

Keep up the great work, wish I could help you further.

4. Hazanator

Already intended. The interior will be much different, no worries about that; the tech station, lockbox, fuel thing, and captains chair will all be different as well as the background panels. I might bring up the fuel capacity on the fuel thing, or I might make the lockbox larger. Who knows.

5. Spatial_Pioneer

Awesome!
    I would definitely love a bigger lockbox.
    And having 'breakable' items would be cool as then they can be rearranged.

6. Acewonder

Acewonder Guest

Hey! The Lyxaris resident carpenter/temporary body artist is here again, and I have to apologize for laying low at the moment, I've got a rather important exam period going on and am unable to continue work properly until things settle down.
    On another note, as our captain has said the current body art slot is open for the time being, to which I shall respond with making the current files available for anyone interested to continue working on this project.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rso36rzf3d8i18r/lyxaris body.rar

As they've said, the patterns, walking, swimming and malebody animations are currently unfinished, but I've included a helpful guide for those willing to help when it comes to implementing the body patterns.
    Hopefully when this session of exams is over I can continue properly on helping the mod grow.
    Thanks so much for your time!

7. prodamn

prodamn Spaceman Spiff

i'd say i'll try my luck and help you guys out, will do what i can.

I got pretty confused about the patterns-thingy-stuff - computer, rings, WHAT !?
    But the moment i opened the pdn file, i was like: "OHHHH! - gotcha guys!"

anyway, shall i post the stuff here, PM it to anyone ?
    looking forward to the male body sprites^^

that's exactly what i had to deal with the last week... hell on earth.

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  8. Hazanator

If you have a steam, PM me your steam name. Otherwise, just PM me here.

prodamn likes this.
  9. Hazanator

THE EVENT HORIZON CLOSES IN UPON US.

By that I mean we're close to ready to release. Thanks to Prodamn on the forums, our body sprites are finished and we're working on the palettes now. The ship is being shaded, human armour is being remodelled as a placeholder until we can get someone reliably able to work on tiered armors, and once palettes are done and I'm finished with polish and cleanup on the files, I'll be ready to release this as a work in progress. From there, we have a backlog of props and ideas we'll use to implement dungeons, armors, tiered weapons and more, hopefully! We have a lot of aspirations for this project, and while it looked bleak at times, we're awful close to ready! Wish us well~!

prodamn and the420urchin like this.
  10. Hazanator

Okay, so! We aren't releasing as fast as we thought, but it's a good reason. A certain friend of ours, Prodamn, agreed to help us with tiered armor and weapons. If this goes well, we should release with fully tiered, unique weapons and armor, as well as a finished base species, and from there we have tons of content to build dungeons with and make cool stuff! I'm also going to be paaaainstakingly working on the lore and dialogue too, so by the time we release these guys will have a piece of dialogue for EVERY item in the game. Fun fun!

Spatial_Pioneer likes this.
  11. Spatial_Pioneer

12. Hazanator

We're not dead yet, promise! We're still working on armor and weapons, it's a tough job, especially with how frames work for our body sprites. Sorry for the lack of progress and stuff, but don't lose hope in us yet. :p And remember, we're still open for help if anyone else wants to hop on this train and speed things up, yeah?

13. Hazanator

We're stilll not dead yet, no worries all of you! Things are just a bit slow, especially since I'm moving rather soon, Prodamn has some stuff he's been attending to and in general things have slowed down a bit. Work is being done on palettes still, hair, and armor- and there MIGHT be an AI animation or even a respawn animation in the works. We're trying to go as all-out as we can with covering every base, and we'll probably even have new NPCs in the outpost if we work hard enough- but that's a big maybe. Stay tuned! Sorry things have been so slow, especially since I announced our nearing the 'horizon'.

14. Hazanator

Also, to keep y'all interested,

[​IMG] [​IMG]

A couple looks at our armour.

Spatial_Pioneer likes this.
  15. Hazanator

Update time!

Prodamn is on vacation for 2 weeks, which means our development will be stunted- especially with me moving relatively soon. So, there won't be any news for about the next two weeks unless we get our planned cinematic done or something else- most of the important stuff was being handled between me, Acewonder and Prodamn, and without him around we can't do a whole lot. Of course, we don't fault the guy- it's summer, perfect time to head out on vacation.

That being said, I figured I'd make a note so that you guys don't take the oncoming radio silence as the demise of our project or something, pfff. I'll admit, my estimates of release time were far too low, but that's solely because I underestimated what we could do and overestimated how quickly what we needed to do could be done. With a lot going on between those of us working on the project, it's chugging along a little slow- but it'll be worth the wait, promise! We're trying to make it so that our species will RELEASE with all of the basic amenities every other vanilla race gets, all the same base content- hopefully even tiered ship upgrades and an AI, and maybe even some NPCs for the outpost, in addition to tiered, race-specific armor and weapons, fully animated and unique sprites, new hairstyles, full dialogue both to and from the character, compatibility recipes for vanilla vanity items, a nice little marking system, some new vanity items, a respawn animation, even a voiced intro cinematic, in addition to a big backlog of art assets we can use in the creation of dungeons and plenty of planned lore.

So... in short, we're taking a while because we got more ambitious and wanted to really fill it out instead of releasing in a more anemic state to make it worth it playing the whole game through as these guys, and we're working on making it as robust as possible before we launch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.