[Mob] Vector Spectre

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Seiga, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Seiga

Seiga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

Spectrum Vectorius
    A ghostly apparition said to be born from the regret of spacemen who refused to ask for directions.

Appearance

The form of the Vector Spectre is loose, and tends to flow and pulse as it skulks around in the darkness. It prefers the surface of planets and a view of the night sky, and itself shows a view of an unknown star-scape within its own body. It does not appear to have any discernible limbs, however its profile does show some hints of facial features. It has known to exhibit facial features of various stellar races.

Behaviour

They avoid light as much as they can, fleeing swiftly when illuminated, in stark contrast to their usual, slow, passive wandering. Their entire body takes on an arrow like form and travels along the ground quickly in an attempt to seek darkness again.

[​IMG]

If cornered, they can attempt to strike back against the source of light using one of their 'vectors', i.e. making a stabbing motion with one of the arrows they produce from their body.

[​IMG]
    They are known to have long range jabs, short range jabs, and occasionally an overhead whip.

Their escape from light is not simply out of fear. In artificial light they take damage and can be completely destroyed from prolonged exposure. Natural light, classified as that from a solar body, will cause them to become sluggish and fade away naturally.

Other Notes

Other than its weakness to light, and when it lashes out against said light, the Vector Spectre is completely intangible. It can be walked through, shot through and swung at to no effect.

[​IMG]

To do: More animations.

Bamseper, Mianso, LethalShade and 8 others like this.
  2. A fascinating idea, and I love the artwork.

I suppose this is what happens to space adventurers who rely too much on the sat-nav! :rofl:

Seiga likes this.
  3. Love the Art!
    I'd probably scare the heck out of me if I encountered it in the game, though.:eek:

Seiga likes this.
  4. Dat waving scarf...D:
    Seiga you're GENIUS:cookie:

Also like your name-giving skills. I never knew how to do such things :ssssssssss:

Seiga likes this.
  5. fetalstar

fetalstar 404 Artist Not Found Developer

Ooohhhh this is really cool!

Seiga likes this.
  6. Seiga

Seiga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's funny in a way, because this thing actually started from the name first!

On a side note I am not animating this solely because silhouettes are really easy to draw.

Not solely.

It's still the main reason though.

blind sniper likes this.