1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

MISSING DERRICK-need help finding certain creature

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Yzzey, Jan 11, 2014.

1. battlerwinner

battlerwinner Void-Bound Voyager

Goddamnit so close yet so far at the same time :/

Serenity and The Squid like this.
  2. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I just lost my pet too. His name was Filipé. I might have a screenshot somewhere.

3. Alceris

Alceris Pangalactic Porcupine

I truly hate being the bearer of bad news, but your "Derrick" species is extinct. the large-eyed derp-mouth gene has died out across the universe. (The head part doesn't exist anymore)

Feathery Quink and Serenity like this.
  4. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Well Tiy said we'll see Derrick again so they're probably doing something there.....maybe bring back Derrick as a unique creature or something.

5. pinkie pirate

pinkie pirate Cosmic Narwhal

RIP IN PEPPERONI ALL THE NEW MONSTERS LOOK DEFORMED AS SHIT AFTER OSME MINI UPDATE OR SOMETHING THEY LOOK WEIRD AND DERRICK IS NO MORE.

6. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

That's awful! What are we gonna do now? Has the search truly ended?

7. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

We ask the Alien Geneforgers to bring him back,

8. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Plot twist: The Derricks are the Geneforgers.

9. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

I'll have to gather the Ningens and Hylotls together for the grandest sacrificial adventure! FOR DERRICK!

Serenity, Yzzey and The Squid like this.
  10. khamnarei

khamnarei Void-Bound Voyager

Hmm...... I seem to have an awful lot of spare money lying around this update.
    Based on the duration of time between our present day and the ancient era of Offended Koala, perhaps it's time to account for some inflation based on the original search reward of 1500 pixels. Or maybe just to give some newcomers increased incentive to look extra hard!

[​IMG]

The head is missing from Upbeat Giraffe so far (here's hoping it's back soon!), but hey, that's not gonna stop me looking for the rest of Derrick in the meantime. Once I've found a good candidate then it will be time to attempt some more SCIENCE.

11. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Holy shit. Could you make duplicates of those signs in starcheat? I want to have my own Derrick poster! :DD

12. LethalShade

LethalShade Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Found it!

[​IMG]

:halo:

13. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Hey, the randomly generated aliens are basically just a list of parts, right? If somebody went into the files of an old Starbound version, we could probably bring the Derrick parts back!

Mouseizure likes this.
  14. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Not so simple. The monsters are generated with a specific algorithm, they don't rely on parts, they use things like ajd736339hdnIhB4839 or something. It's virtually impossible to recreate Derrick by altering the capture pod.

15. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

I actually meant just add Derrick's parts back to the possible monster parts, so that he at least has a chance of spawning again. But from the sounds of it, not even that would be so simple.

16. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Those look like custom signs; they can be duplicated in vanilla, I believe.

Hawk Novablast likes this.
  17. khamnarei

khamnarei Void-Bound Voyager

Sure.

I'm not a big fan of that back leg, I had a better one before but Starbound predictably crashed right after I finished my first attempt and lost 3 of the 4 signs. Someone can probably have another go at it if they're bothered.
    (NOTE: Do not, and I really mean do not, attempt to place any signs on a part of your ship with no background. The whole of space-time will implode horribly upon you.)

Attached Files:

18. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

*Realy tempted to make a billion copies and start posting it on every multiplayer server i can access*

rhomboid likes this.
  19. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Same. :rofl:
    Unfortunately, the MP RP server I play on has the main rp hub in the outpost, so I can't place down posters ;-;
    I did remake coralmaster though, and he's placed a sign in his ship.

rhomboid likes this.
  20. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

So, uhh. Derrick isn't in giraffe. I guess the search will be halted for now until he returns in the game files.

Hawk Novablast likes this.