1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Matter Deconstructor 1.3 - turn everything into pixels!

Discussion in 'Crafting and Building' started by EvilEngineer, Dec 9, 2013.

1. EvilEngineer

EvilEngineer Starship Captain

Download link
    http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/41/?

Description:

A Tier 4 version of the refinery. This model however can process over 2500+ named items in the game, from dirt tiles to tier 10 items.

The only items not currently working are the randomly generated weapons. Got this working... go me.

Pre-reqs:
    You must have beaten the 3rd boss, as this will require the durasteel tier. It can be crafted at the robot crafting station.

Cost:
    30 x Durasteel bars
    5000 x Pixels

Installation:
    download the .rar file and extract it to your \mods folder at the base of your Starbound directory.
    ex: \Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods

Then open your bootstrap.config for your OS.
    EX: \Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32\boostrap.config
    Then append the line:
    "../mods/deconstructor"
    with quotes underneath
    "../assets",

The file should look like this once you are done.
    {
    "assetSources" : [
    "../assets",
    "../mods/deconstructor",
    ],
    "storageDirectory" : ".."
    }

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  2. EvilEngineer

This is a new thread from the prior WIP thread I was working on. All comments and questions for the file should be posted here or on the Nexus site download page.

3. EvilEngineer

Change log for 1.1
    * updated icon
    * started re-balance of pixel values.

*Added EZ version in separate file with requirements lowered to default tier and only 50 pixels to build from crafting table.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  4. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

I don't even want to know how long it took you to get all these recipes in. If you don't mind, I'll download it just for having a list of items available. I'm planning a similar kind of thing to spawn in items, and an item list like this will be super helpful.

5. EvilEngineer

Initially it took a bit, but after about 1000 lines of cutting and pasting I decided to script the whole thing. I've made a spreadsheet that recursively scans the /asset/item and /asset/object folders for anything with a valid extension. Then parses them into new cells for each "itemName" or "objectName". After that I've got another script that builds all the recipes from that list. Honestly the hardest part was figuring out why the game didn't like my generated recipes. Which turned out to be an encoding issue with excel defaulting to UTF-8 with BOM.

6. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

This goes way beyond my knowledge right now. So basically what you did is search for any itemName and objectName, put those in seperate cells, then wrote a script for your .recipe files using a set format while pulling the itemName and objectName from those earlier tables again?

Is there any way I can look up or learn how to do this kind of stuff? This would be massively helpful for my own project, effectively making it a 1 hour process instead of a week process.

EDIT: If you would be willing to show me the script you wrote, I might just be able to edit it for my own needs. That is, of course, if you're willing to share it.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  7. EvilEngineer

Which script are you looking information on?

The information harvesting script? Or the building recipe scripts?

In all i made a dozen or so functions and subs in the excel document VBA console.

8. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

Pretty much both. The information harvesting script will come in handy to re-acquire all items after an update. The script building recipes can just be ran again after the items are re-acquired or in case the format for recipes changes, etc. And of course for the first time around.

I have almost no deep knowledge about Excel though, didn't even know it could do this kind of stuff in the first place.

If you're wondering, I'm just making a custom crafting table allowing to buy all and every item in the game for a single pixel, essentially creating an item spawner. Good for creative mode-like purposes.

9. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Void-Bound Voyager

Man I was thinking about making something like this, backed out once I realised the recipe for everything business. best of luck.

10. Whitlinger Doodle Do

Whitlinger Doodle Do Pangalactic Porcupine

Excel is truly one of the most powerful programming languages that exists. You may laugh, programmers who have ignored it, but you may never truly beat it.

11. ollj

ollj Big Damn Hero

thanks for making all these recipe-files and thanks for putting all the junk in so many peoples inventory to somewhat fair uses.

saves me a lot of time

12. snipercup

snipercup Aquatic Astronaut

The player.config file provided in your download is out of date and incompatible with Indignant Koala 11/12/2013. Please update is to the newest version so everyone can enjoy your mod.

13. EvilEngineer

Ok, I've fixed the issue with the player.config. As well as I've figured out how to deconstruct randomly generated items. The only downside is they all share the same itemname so there is no way to differentiate the crappy items from the awesome. Thus they all get paid the same amount. :(

I'll upload a new version shortly.

14. MonthOLDpickle

MonthOLDpickle Void-Bound Voyager

For some reason I my game won't even start with this mod =(!

I already have a mods folder and I added it to my bootstrap like I did with other mods. Any ideas? I would post this on the nexus site but that site doesn't work well for me.

(Also that nexus site loads half the time and when it does its freakin slow)

15. MonthOLDpickle

I got EZ working..anything different? Besides tier 1 and only costing pixels to make.

Edit: EZ also doesn't do RNG weapons.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  16. EvilEngineer

Yeah, haven't put out the new version on Nexus yet with the random weapons yet. Sorry, doing shots right now. :: guzzles vodka ::
    As for the Normal vs EZ difference.
    Normal is 4th tier, EZ is 1st tier.

17. MonthOLDpickle

You going to update?

DarkerCloud and HalfCrazedPrince like this.
  18. EvilEngineer

Updated for Offended Koala.

19. yk999

yk999 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks for the new recipes. Though not appreciated enough, Matter Deconstructor is one of the most useful mods here.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  20. MonthOLDpickle

For some reason I can't do sand, dirt etc.....does it work for everybody else?

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Also sometimes I will process like 900 but leave 9 (random numbers I have noticed).