1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a great GAMMA sector sniper?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Cpt_FluffyBottom, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Cpt_FluffyBottom

Cpt_FluffyBottom Aquatic Astronaut

I'm looking for a low energy / High damage sniper. I have been looking all over the internet and can only find cords from older updates.
    I dont know if a gun vendors shop is the same for everyone.
    Please tell me the stats of the weapon since I'm running low on coal and cannot afford to travel.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Pyre

Pyre Void-Bound Voyager

Juice Box and Serenity like this.
  3. GeneralMittens

GeneralMittens Subatomic Cosmonaut

Things like these are randomly generated, and the Damage determines the Energy. I'm not too sure but around 10% of the Damage is the energy cost.

Loot is also randomly generated so you may not get the same items these people did.

Serenity and Pyre like this.
  4. LadenSwallow

LadenSwallow Void-Bound Voyager

I find a pretty good source of guns in all sectors is the broken lockers in bases in asteroid fields. So finding threat level 10 asteroid fields seems to be the way to go for me. Might want to reduce the 'scaling' in your text file to something between 1 and 2 (lowest value in game is 2) so that you can see further to make finding said bases easier. I find once you find such a base, then typically you can find many more bases by moving in a straight line in one of the 4 cardinal directions until you start looping or run out of height.

TrueEdge likes this.
  5. Jack_Kéther

Jack_Kéther Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Credit for this discovery goes to madbillybadger!

Beta Version: Enraged Koala
    Sector: Gamma
    Coordinates: -88402319, -84593325
    Planet: 51 Peg 987 V d
    Biome: Savannah
    Gun Vendor, Jump Suit Pants, Morphball + Tech
    search time on google : -2min
    with the words : sniper gamma sector enraged koala
    next time see this tread :http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/good-cords-for-beta.83762/
    u have 3 site/tread for coor in this tread

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  6. Cpt_FluffyBottom

I already tried that gun vendor, he had garbage stuff...

7. Jack_Kéther

vendor stuff are randomly generated but if you want a legendary sniper you will need a lot a of luck when you explore planets (content chest are semi random)
    and for the energy i'm sorry for you but it's true (see below)

8. Cpt_FluffyBottom

Meh, I need a delta sniper now, the bone dragon got stuck between some dirt

9. Jack_Kéther

arf it's gonna be long with a gamma sector sniper but u can do it !
    if you can sommon it again then go on the pirate ship(-88402319, -84593325) and pop it the pirate will do the job for ya :)

10. Cpt_FluffyBottom

Lol, I was thinking that since I just wait at the pirate ship, let them kill birds, take the pixels, then buy stuff from the gun merchant.
    I say the bone dragon should flap its wings and break a few surrounding blocks so it wont get stuck. The robot needs something like that too.

I remember seeing a 30 ish damage sniper with 4 energy on youtube, but it might have been a furious koala video.
    (He bought it on camera so he didn't cheat it in, or he used a mod of some sort)