Modding Help Lock placing direction

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Schakarus, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Schakarus

Schakarus Big Damn Hero

Hello everyone.

started to make my first own mod and was wondering if it`s possible to lock an objects direction.
    For example: when you place a chair it changes its direction depending on your last movement direction and I want to disable this behavior. It`s problably either impossible or more complicated than I think it is.

Hope that someone could help me or at least point me in the right direction.

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Best Answer
    only use image instead of dualImage in orientations
    and flipImages = false.

Check objects such as carbed for example.

3. Yeah but the game will see it as facing 2 different directions according to entity.direction() or w/e the function was.

There is a key that you can place in the orientations sub-array and if I recall its "orientation" which can be set to "left" or "right" to force it to actually face a certain direction. If you arent doing any fancy scripting where you need to know the object's direction, then Swat's solution will work just as well.

4. Schakarus

Schakarus Big Damn Hero

well that was very easy, thanks alot :D
    the "dualimage" to "image" thing did the trick, there was no need for "flipimages"

thanks for the hint. If I ever get the motivation to make some "fancy" scripting I´ll probably need way more help but at the moment it`s just some easy edits to existing scripts.