Liquid Tanks!

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Crazylemon64, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Crazylemon64

Crazylemon64 Space Spelunker

So looking at the Q&A section, I saw things relating to using your ship to terraform. What I was thinking would be cool would be to have your ship be able to vacuum and store liquids for later use, in liquid tanks or something similar, and perhaps some could be used in crafting/as fuel/as ammo.

lol991lew, Pyrodyce, Looka and 5 others like this.
  2. Blue-Demon

Blue-Demon Sandwich Man

Or you could use it to preserve some of the species that live on that planet into a similar enviroment in your base.

Edit:

Ex Keeping a foreighn specie of fish that can only live off that water from that specific planet.

3. Alexblex

Alexblex Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Neat idea. I would have tons on my space station and take all the water from a rainforest planet to a desert planet and watch as they both change.

HerplinDerplin likes this.
  4. Speno1

Speno1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Could they also suck up air and bring it to other planets?

5. Serp

Serp Zeromus

Air? you serious?

6. Speno1

Speno1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, change the atmosphere, maybe the tank could compress the air :p

HerplinDerplin and Saal like this.
  7. Serp

Serp Zeromus

We don't even know if they'll be vacuums or pressure or even air

8. Alexblex

Alexblex Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Reminds of certain Starwars parody....

Mitroll, HerplinDerplin and Kilo like this.
  9. Kamoda

Kamoda Sandwich Man

That's a pretty good idea, but how would you go about getting the liquid. Would there be a smaller ship that had some sort of extendable hose that you could dunk into the water, then drop off the liquid at your main ship.

10. Shahab

Shahab Scruffy Nerf-Herder

awesome idea.

11. Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

I hope there will be different atmospheres and different creatures that require particular environment to live. although I have little hope for this idea. I mean, terraformation would be nice and it's possible it will be in some form but ability to change some environments through the manipulation of soil, gases etc.. unlikely. Would need lot of work. Would be neat, but still, really, a lot of work.

HerplinDerplin and Frost&Frogs like this.
  12. R_C_A^

R_C_A^ Pangalactic Porcupine

that would make terraforming actually mean something then, i actually like that idea a lot.

13. Zaba35

Zaba35 Phantasmal Quasar

Thats an awesome idea

14. Fire Mage

Fire Mage Master Chief

Wouldn't it be evaporate.So it should have like a time limit.Before it disappears?

15. thespacephantom

thespacephantom Big Damn Hero

Well, if it was in a vacuum, it either wouldn't evaporate or it would just condense again when you need it, because science.

16. Pride

Pride Subatomic Cosmonaut

Nice bump mate.

17. Ariskelis

Ariskelis Ketchup Robot

*angelic singing*
    Spaaaaaacebaaaaaaaallllllllsssss

18. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

Nice idea you got there. But it's for mid/late-game for me, using some pipes or something Because we won't do this with buckets, right? :p

19. supageek

supageek Twenty-three is number one

Having a general storage area for alien material/elements/life on board is a good idea. It would need to be of high quality material to handle the job, or made of specific materials for each 'thing' you're storing. Using cheaper, or poorer quality material may compromise it or give you limited time to use it before the container breaks.

20. Kilo

Kilo Pangalactic Porcupine

COMMENCE OPERATION. . . VAC-U-SUCK. *slams down large black visor*