Ladder or vertical stair

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by Ruban Crusade, Jul 15, 2013.

?

Would you ever use this (ladder/vertical stair) if it were to be implemented?

1. ALL THE FREAKING TIME!!!!!

72.4%
  2. I could see it being nice on occasion, instead of jumping repeatedly.

26.3%
  3. No, I'd never use it...wouldn't let my friends use it either.

1.3%
  4. Without seeing it in action and being able to play with it, I couldn't say one way or another.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ruban Crusade

Ruban Crusade Pangalactic Porcupine

As amazing as the stair mechanic is and as much as I like it, I've always wanted to have a ladder or some sort of vertical stair. Normally the movement keys are used as follows:
    SPACE - Jump
    A or LEFT - move left
    D or RIGHT - move right
    S or DOWN - drop down through certain tile types
    W or UP - ...um...well...supposedly go up...or...something...

In reality most games like this one never use the UP/W key for anything practical, just the occasional menu navigation or when using a specific tool. I'd really like to have a ladder (so stair) that I can jut push the UP/W key and I'd climb up it. I would (if I were programming it) put in on the same layer as decorations (consoles, chests, chairs, posters, etc.). I know that the most difficult part would be figuring out the animation and that this could require a whole new set of animations, but that's why this is a suggestion and hasn't already been implemented into the game. ~_^

Zayvion likes this.
  2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

3. BluPixelz

BluPixelz Aquatic Astronaut

I think vertical stairs would be a bit nice, though im sure this was already suggested, not sure though, but keep up with suggestions, they WILL help!

4. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

There are a number of screenshots with ladders that have been released already

[​IMG]

Jonesy likes this.
  5. Ruban Crusade

Ruban Crusade Pangalactic Porcupine

Hmm, can't believe I haven't seen this before. BRILLIANT! Thanks for sharing!

EDIT: I noticed that in yesterday's post, the fort that they built did not include a ladder, but rather several platforms in a column (poor man's ladder). Any one know if it was just not possible to create the ladder or if it was an aesthetic choice, or what?