1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[IMG] Fire is in-game! Burn everything!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Bacon, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Wulpher

Wulpher Subatomic Cosmonaut

I thought the guy on top farted.

I suppose I was wrong...

2. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

Fire spread is annoying in minecraft, forces every design to account for it if you want to do something as basic as make a simple fireplace. Not saying fire shouldn't be spreadable, just hope it isn't as limiting because of it.

DeadlyLuvdisc likes this.
  3. Cruellyricisti

Cruellyricisti Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Very true. And with the guns being able to destroy blocks it wouldn't even take a rocket. But, who walks around with buckets of water to put fires out? Unless there is a water gun, which would be awesome, fires ability to spread beats out rockets or gun fire. Because damage isn't limited to point of contact. At least if you see an idiot on your server, spamming rockets/gunfire, you can ban/kill him and stop the damage. But if he has set fires everywhere, even AFTER you ban/kill him, you still have fires to put out. IF they haven't gotten out of control... fire would have to be an option to disable for server admin.

4. 4ExaJohn

4ExaJohn Astral Cartographer

I strongly believe that this will aid me in my quest to make my friends throw their computers out the window.

Bacon likes this.
  5. ForsakenNoble

ForsakenNoble Aquatic Astronaut

I'll say it again, some men just want to watch the Starbounds burn.

Razyar, Svarr Chanston and Bacon like this.
  6. Bumber

Bumber Pangalactic Porcupine

Bug.

DaviDeil likes this.
  7. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

Haha! Oh man, you got me. Fixed. Good thing rocks aren't explosive, that would make nature way deadlier.

Heartstrings likes this.
  8. Gene

Gene Phantasmal Quasar

Luckily for the village, the Avian Fire Department was quick to the scene!

avian_fd.jpg

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  9. Lazypeanut

Lazypeanut Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wouldn't hope that D:

10. imrevned

imrevned Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It'd be nice if the NPCs would run away from the town/village when they see fire or something :p

11. MrHiggle

MrHiggle Existential Complex

Maybe a new campfire is in order? So that you don't craft it, you actually have to set some logs on fire. That'd be neaaaaeeeeaaaeaaeaeaeat.

12. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Burn burn

13. Wuzhles

Wuzhles Cosmic Narwhal

Fixed that for you.

14. Combine_Kegan

Combine_Kegan Phantasmal Quasar

Roses are red
    violets are red
    the grass is red

Holy shit, my garden is on fire.

15. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

That seems more suitable for Apex for some reason.

Starsly and sankto like this.
  16. Bandethor

Bandethor Pangalactic Porcupine

"Fire is in-game! Burn everything!" even the Bacon trees?!?!?! :eek:

Svarr Chanston and Bacon like this.
  17. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

Damn. Now I know not to build things out of wood. This makes Ewok tree villages highly indefensible.

Hopefully it will be relatively difficult to start the fires to begin with, and hopefully they won't spread over infinite distance. I also hope that raw wood blocks don't catch fire, since they look a lot like living trees when they are placed, and living trees contain water which makes them flame resistant and they are also large enough that they tend to burn only on the outside and remain standing. Just look at a few trees that have been struck by lightning and caught fire-- they are usually mostly intact and most of the damage is dealt by the blast of lightning and not the flames. Of course, the straw roof or leaves on top of the Ewok tree village would go up like a firecracker on the fourth of July.

Rain should put the fire out, so server commands could just be used to make it rain.

Heartstrings and Gene like this.
  18. KAG as one nice fire system, and when NPCs/Players step blocks/walls on fire the animation pops you run one side to the other screaming ahahah, would be nice if they did that!

@Gene Purfect! :lolwut:

Starsly and natelovesyou like this.
  19. Cruellyricisti

Cruellyricisti Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

*Cruiser is on loan from the Apex Ministry of Truth and Suppression. 'Only you can prevent forest firesĀ© Big Ape demands it'.

20. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

gg wooden houses

I remember playing Minecraft a long time ago and having my house burn down.

It sucked.

DeadlyLuvdisc likes this.