I'm a smoooth operata~

Discussion in 'Create-A-Hat' started by Lazer, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Lazer

Lazer Existential Complex

The Galactic Courier Headset Helmet!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [I have to say I feel kinda guilty using all these characters and putting words in their mouths. This is merely to exhibit the hat and try to be a little entertaining. I make no attempt to assume or assign personalities to these great sprites the devs made. Maybe I'm just being silly. I don't know.]

Modeled by all races!
    [​IMG]
    Bi-color variants that I don't actually like!

Suitable for Anyone
    Now I can hear you saying "I want to wear this outstanding hat, but, alas! I'm not a courier. I do not qualify." Well guess again, bright-eyes. The Galactic Courier Headset Helmet was not designed for use by couriers. It was designed to be a courier. Just slip one on and it's ready to carry any message straight from your gorgeous lips to the lucky ears of anyone you've shared your broadcast signature with, instantly and unerringly. This allows you to chat freely with the beautiful and witty lifeforms you've charmed throughout the universe.

There is no Distance Between Us
    The Galactic Courier utilizes quantum entanglement to transmit data over any distance with no delay. Prototypes did so via what Einstein called "spooky action," but don't worry your pretty head about that. We developed a better method we call "foxy action" for the retail model. Foxy action is 100% more glamorous and never entices ghosts to appear, and thus is not spooky at all.

Conversation is Just the Beginning
    Though its most common use is voice communication between two or more individuals, The Galactic Courier's OS is robust: it can pick up broadcasts of any kind, play music files, or even host composer-performer AIs. The system can respond directly to your sultry voice, or if you prefer, you can activate the visual interface on the underside of the brim. The Galactic Courier is truly a paradise for the aural senses.

Developed by Limitless Moxies
    mox ad infinitum

[Please note that none of these things are intended to be in-game mechanics. It's just fictional flavoring.]

The previous OP follows:

I've created a hat that is for serious people, who are serious about their work and also serious about chatting with their pals.

The genuine article:​
    [​IMG]
    so tiny!

Don't think twice about picking up one of these beauties. Twin antennae guarantee optimal reception.​
    [​IMG]
    Comes in a variety of colors.​
    *chk* Be advised: My hat is completely boss, over. *kchk*​
    [​IMG]
    *chak* Copy that, Tim. It is excellent. Maintain radio silence until you're fully dressed though, over. *schk*​

Functional hardhat comes loaded with peer-to-peers voice chat software.​
    [​IMG]
    Also features interstellar broadcast receiver and fully compatible with Startunes™ and all the latest music-generating AIs. Keep groovin' even as you investigate the most remote cosmic anomalies!​
    *REAL MILITARY TESTIMONIAL*​
    [​IMG]
    "I'll be honest with you, sir. I feel pretty."​
    *NOT AN ACTOR*​

Luci, Becca, Autoantitheft and 24 others like this.
  2. Sgt. Sprocket

Sgt. Sprocket Parsec Taste Tester

"Sir....Sir...S-Sir....Did you....I understand...Sir....Sir...Did you try turning it off and back on again?"

3. Lazer

[​IMG]
    Added face-on view sketch to the op. The headset-mic can fold up and out of sight, so obviously I didn't "forget to draw it."

4. From somewhere, a transmission...

H.G.scout and Lazer like this.
  5. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

Kind of reminds me of cave story.

H.G.scout likes this.
  6. Lazer

You know, I didn't have Cave Story in mind when I made it, but I totally see the similarity. Now I get Darthkitten's reference. =]

This one is a batting helmet to Cave Story's baseball cap, if you like.

H.G.scout and Darthkitten like this.
  7. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

Even though, I looks great anyway.

Lazer likes this.
  8. Gravik

Gravik Existential Complex

does it come in pink?

9. Star and Moon

Star and Moon Space Kumquat

This is definitely one of my favorites,

10. Practical, pragmatic, and awesome.

Tone of writing is pretty dang humorous as well :D

11. Lazer

Thanks for the kind words, all.

I aim to please!
    [​IMG]

nababoo likes this.
  12. Gravik

Gravik Existential Complex

You are beautiful.

13. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

this lookscool, though I suppose that a mouthpiece hat wouldexist.

14. SproutDog

SproutDog Void-Bound Voyager

It should have flip down ambervision shades

GunmanRex likes this.
  15. Lazer

Alright, I've revised the hat design a little in order to make it more compatible with hair and facewear and added some polish to the OP to exhibit that strength.

nababoo likes this.
  16. I prefer the original :\
    It has extreme humor in words...

17. Robo Hobo

Robo Hobo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I dig it, bro.
    :iswydt:

Lazer likes this.
  18. Lazer

Yeah, I agree the original was funnier. It's still there though, and the new one showcases the hat itself a bit better.
    I would have loved to have had some examples of other races wearing it, but it's hard finding good clean images of all of them.

Oh yeah, meant to say I finally came up with a name, too!

19. Lis

Lis Void-Bound Voyager

Wow, just amazing

Lazer likes this.
  20. Finn_The_Human

Finn_The_Human Astral Cartographer

kind of reminds me of those baseball helmets except with more cool electronics attached :D i like it

Lis likes this.