1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed I think I broke my preorder?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by LuLzIHaZCaKE, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuLzIHaZCaKE

LuLzIHaZCaKE Void-Bound Voyager

I get this error message:
    "Something went wrong! It seems like the link you followed does not correspond to a valid pre-order ticket. If you believe you got this message in error, please contact us at contact@playstarbound.com."
    after I tried redeeming the key it showed on steam, because I didnt know if I was supposed to activate it on steam or what for the preorder and it said invalid activation code and all that but now the redeem page is saying that and I am worried.

2. Sezura

Sezura Space Hobo

I got the same error when I literally preordered 10 minutes ago and I didn't try to use the code on steam beforehand either

3. ZephGrey

ZephGrey Pangalactic Porcupine

I think you mean the Humble Store, not Steam, but I'm getting the same thing. I'm guessing the actual Steam keys aren't ready yet? Not sure how this is going to work. I've seen everywhere else that we will receive an email when it's ready, so until we hear otherwise, I guess we wait.

4. CobraA1

CobraA1 Seal Broken

I'm getting this message as well. In addition I'm getting my email bounced, so I can't send an email to that address.

5. The steam keys are NOT ready, that key is your Pre-Order key from HumbleBundle, you will likely get your Steam key inside that key page when it's ready.

About the error a friend also asked me why he could not Pre-Order... that may be likely the server with loading issues today so you really must contact support.

6. M-Bot 3000

M-Bot 3000 Zero Gravity Genie

Don't panic, it's fine. If you've already linked your order to your account and then click on the humble bundle code again it'll come up with that error because the pre-order has already been redeemed. As long as you've linked it to a valid email address, you will receive the steam code tomorrow when the beta releases.

Source: yes, it's happened to me too, because it's already linked to my account (as shown by that nifty penguin below my name). The page doesn't realize that you're the one that's redeemed it; it thinks some other random person has attempted to bypass actually buying the game, i.e. putting in random codes and hoping they're valid.

ninja edit: but if this is your first time attempting to redeem the humble bundle code and you hadn't linked it to an email address prior, then yeah you should contact support.

7. AxlRocks

AxlRocks Aquatic Astronaut

I got to the page and put in my info, but upon clicking the submit button, I got that error. Of course, trying to redo the process results in that page instantly. So I just hope it correctly took the info.

Edit: No donor badge, probably not then... Off to support.

8. Munchgun

Munchgun Void-Bound Voyager

I think it's a common error. Mine (despite having preordered the same day it went up) also gave me that error recently until about a minute ago.

Edit: Nevermind it's back again. :p I don't think it's something to worry about though.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  9. WikiKiwi

WikiKiwi Orbital Explorer

But if the system will send a key from each account, what's the problem? I mean, we're going to received in our emails a steam key so... the other code doesn't matter (I think :p)

(Sorry for my bad english, i'm spanish and my english is not as well as i want)

10. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

I talked to Ordona about some connectivity issues he confirmed it's high server fluctuation... i guess that's a good thing for Starbound?

And yea those aren't your game keys
    They are code/key looking because that's how they keep peoples pre-order tier perks secure. I guess it also makes it easier to access? kinda...

11. imrevned

imrevned Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As others have said, the key you receive right now is only to add onto your forum account, to get badges and etc. depending on which option you purchased.

Steam keys will be sent out to everyone the same time Starbound releases, which is believed to be December 4th, 10am PST.

12. AxlRocks

AxlRocks Aquatic Astronaut

Several people already realized it's not the Steam key, but the problem was just that the server had a bug. Luckily, the page now works for me, but still won't link my forum account personally. Hopefully it is working though for others.

At least I know the key wasn't redeemed incorrectly somehow, not that I could see how it would have been in the first place but I certainly didn't want it to be. Not a big deal about the forum badge though.

Edit: Just realized I came off like a jerk lol not meaning offense towards anyone. Sorry 'bout that.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  13. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

Did you spell your name right? Capitals and everything? Try re-submitting it in a few minutes if not i recommend contacting support just in case but i suspect it's due to the high volume of users online... so you might want to wait a hour or so

(and i don't know how that sounds jerk-like)

14. FairieClary13

FairieClary13 Space Hobo

I bought the game then i didnt get any codes or keys or anything. It really made me mad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.