1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

I Made a Starbound Account Manager

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DanilaFe, Aug 27, 2014.

1. DanilaFe

DanilaFe Aquatic Astronaut

I've noticed that Starbound lacks the GUI support for creating log in accounts. So, I used my newly acquired Java skills to create a little GUI application to nicely generate the required accesscontrol.config file. It provides a GUI for adding accounts, banned IP's, usersnames and playernames. Here are some screenshots -
    Main Screen
    [​IMG]
    Add Account Menu
    [​IMG]
    Add Banner User Menu
    [​IMG]

Link to github
    - Features the source and the downloads, as well as the readme -
    https://github.com/DanilaFe/Starbound-Server-Account-Generator

How to use -
    You need the Java Runtime Environment to run this! First of all, download the zip file. Extract the zip wherever you want, and run StarboundServerAccountGenerator.jar.
    As you may know, Starbound's server determines the user account / banned users etc. from the accesscontrol.config. This generator will immediately open with an "Open File" dialog. In this dialog, navigate to your accesscontrol.config (Located in the universe folder in your Starbound root). A menu should come up similar to the one in the screenshots above. From there, you can use the buttons to add whatever properties you need to your config. Finally, to save the configuration click "Save Config". If the button is not clicked, the config will not be saved!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  2. KyPTeD

KyPTeD Void-Bound Voyager

Very nice! Let's hope that the devs add something like this to the game, to make it easier to servers to ban, and make the game less pirate-friendly. Nice job :)

-KyPTeD

Juice Box likes this.
  3. Indecisive

Indecisive Void-Bound Voyager

I host a server for many of my friends and am always inviting people from our gaming community.... and at times we get rude people or trolls who actively want to ruin the experience for others. This would be a great tool in managing things. Id love to test it if you dont mind, ill leave you a pm

4. DanilaFe

Soon i'll be allowed to post links, so then I won't have to email the zip to people.

I sent you an email.

EDIT
    Just to make sure you know, the server will need to be restarted for the config to update :)

EDIT 2
    Uhhh I can't edit in links :s
    I'll make a post later with the GitHub (Or maybe i'll finally be able to edit my post with links, whichever one works)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    KyPTeD likes this.
  5. dylanpdx

dylanpdx Void-Bound Voyager

Whoa, talk about useful! I'll definitely be using this when you can post the link to it. Great job ;)

6. The_Steam_Pug

The_Steam_Pug Orbital Explorer

Nice work looks great I'll try it out once the link is public

7. DanilaFe

Why thank you!
    I'm trying to get the link out. Apparently i'm still not allowed to post :s
    Also, nice profile picture!

EDIT:
    Ah, there it is. Link is now in the main post.

The_Steam_Pug likes this.
  8. The_Steam_Pug

Yay Ill try it out when I home (Its good to have comunity projects like this!)

9. DanilaFe

10. The_Steam_Pug

11. dylanpdx

Works like a charm! I whitelisted some people on a server i'm hosting :D

12. SeaMichelle

SeaMichelle Some Sort of Weird Fish Princess

You need a post count of 3 or higher to post links, afaik.

13. DanilaFe

It's pretty strange because it said i needed to post 2 times. Maybe that needs a little fix.

14. DanilaFe

Does anybody find this useful at all? Or is it just easier to modify the files manually?

15. Lora Grim

Lora Grim Guest

I find the idea of logging in through something that is not officially part of the game a bit uncomfortable... others sure seem to like it, though.

16. DanilaFe

Just to clarify, the login system is in-game.
    Without this, you simply add entries to the file manually.
    All the passwords stay in that file and are used exclusively by the vanilla server to accept / reject connections.

17. dylanpdx

What is the max amount of players you can add per server?

18. DanilaFe

As far as i know, it's infinite. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Also, just to make sure people can reach it, to download the file go to the github link >> version and click the latest file. Then click "view raw" and it should download.