Eerie Mist

Discussion in 'Create-A-Hat' started by Scruffy, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Scruffy

Scruffy Pangalactic Porcupine

As you scavenge a broken down ship you discover among it's contents a jar containing a strange swirling mist. Curiosity got the better and you gradually prise open the lid.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Now comes in Dreamland Paradise edition! There's room for everything! Hair, glasses, wigs and even more hats! Get your eerie mist while stocks last! 99% guarantee you'll get your money back!*

*Terms and conditions apply. The mist is fixed in place and not animated. Compatible with all classes.

Description:
    The Eerie mist is a mist haunts people around. No effects are known from the mist apart from several effects that have long disappeared. Hallucinations may occur rarely if you suffer from Mist-Phobia and other non serious side effects. Avoid hanging around the mist too long as it is rumoured to give dizziness but not proven yet.

Backstory:
    >Booting up Starbound Info Log 352
    >Username: Tiy
    >Password: *********
    >Access Accepted
    >Accessing Files
    Terrain, Monsters, Npc/Quest, Game-play, Hats, Confidential, Weapons
    >Hats
    >Eerie Mist
    A mist of a strange and unknown origin. Believed to have haunted the grove on Orbatros 8, a extinct planet after the massive supernova incident at Omega 5 Delta. The eerie mist survived by following a explorer who stumbled into the grove. Once the mist latched on the explorer was believed to be tainted with a curse. Exactly a month later the explorer died from a unknown cause. The mist, now that the host has died, latched on the nearest healthy host available. The same tragic fate befall the host. Rumours started to spread like a disease. Scientists was intrigued by the mysterious mist and decided to investigate. But the scientist's fate was inevitable and soon, befall the same tragic death. A solution was tried and failed but in the end, a simple jar was capable of containing the mist. The jar was locked and secured in a safe and exactly one month later, the safe was robbed by space pirates. The ship that the jar was contained on, crash landed on a unknown planet after engaged in a deadly war one month later after they had stolen the jar. The exact location of the jar has been lost for centuries. After many years, the mist have lost it's former powers after sealed away but still happy enough to follow players around harmlessly.
    >Closing File
    >Shutting Down

Thank you for reading my entry. Feedback and criticism is welcome.

2. Gravik

Gravik Existential Complex

I really like this idea, but be aware that the hats can't be animated for the contest

Scruffy likes this.
  3. Scruffy

The hat isn't animated, the mist is fixed on the spot.

4. ProfScarecrow

ProfScarecrow Big Damn Hero

I must say i like the sense of mystery the hat gives~

Scruffy likes this.
  5. Scruffy

Thanks, it's pretty much what I was trying to aim for :)

6. Magician Xy

Magician Xy Ketchup Robot

Animated hats won't be disqualified, so it's okay if you animate this. In fact, I kinda think you have to in order to get the "misty" feel. Otherwise it's just gonna look like two floating rocks, which is kinda boring. Otherwise nice idea.

7. Scruffy

I would animate it myself but I'm not very good at animating

8. SproutDog

SproutDog Void-Bound Voyager

Good idea!

9. Scruffy

Thanks

10. Scruffy

Blue Mist? What is this madness?