1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Dungeon Generation Bug

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Bonabopn, Dec 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Hi! i was exploring an Arid planet, and i found two ape-rture science labs on the same planet (the obstacle course ones.)
    Unfortunately one of them did not generate properly, the left branch ended abruptly after one room, making the inner doors to the shield generator unopenable.
    No screenshots 'cause i'm lazy.

2. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Well then we can't help you because we're too lazy to read minds. :p

Seriously, data is important to resolving any issues. Screenshots and/or log files are essential, otherwise we'd just have to guess at your problem.

3. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

I thought i'd described it sufficiently. The dungeon didn't generate an important part. s:

4. Dunto

Dunto Guest

If you don't provide details, then if I go to a dungeon and everything appears fine for me I'd have to assume that it was just user error (and not an actual bug). Providing details allows someone to reproduce the issue and gives them a way to track it down.

Anyways, I won't twist your arm about providing info if you don't want to. If you're happy with things as they are, I can just close this thread up for you. If you're not happy and need something fixed, you'll need to provide the requested info else there's nothing that can be done for you as no one else has mentioned having the same issue (no other sources of info). That's pretty much what it boils down to.

5. aerionop

aerionop Big Damn Hero

Found another one, same dungeon, same problem, opposite side :X
    upload_2014-12-24_20-12-23.png

Attached the world file for this one (can't find / remember the last one).

I've just extended my reach by a few blocks for the moment, just enough to activate the generator beyond the door.

I's still eventually like to find out how to completely disable the whole block protection thing from the game, but for the moment it's not really important.

Attached Files:

Dunto and Bonabopn like this.
  6. Stexe

Stexe Void-Bound Voyager

Looks like this bug still exists. I encountered it in an Apex Dungeon that spawned next to a Floran dungeon. Basically the Floran dungeon cut off the right side of the Apex one making it impossible to finish.

Attached Files:

7. albsi

albsi Void-Bound Voyager

Apex Test Chamber
    Only one Side is spawned, the other side ends in sand. It is impossible to open the inner gates to the generator.

Win7-x64
    X: -240215192 Y: -266191888
    Delta Theta UMa 46 II b
    right from the spawn

first image shows SB-bug-apex-test-chamber-1.png the missing side
    the second image SB-bug-apex-test-chamber-2.png a generation bug between segments of the test chamber

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.