1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Dual Weilding Weapons!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Camz, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bioemerl

bioemerl Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am confused as to how the selection system will work with two things to have selected. How exactly will the scroll wheel be used? how is there a way to efficiently swap each hand? Do you swap the weapons individually, such as with the ctrl, and scroll for the left weapon?

2. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

good point! i'm sure they will come up with something very clever and easy to use, hopefully...

3. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

"0-9 will quick switch left hand item, and Shift+0-9 will switch out right hand." --Blue in the List of Announced Game Information thread.
    I'm guessing you will be able to hold shift and scroll too, because having to hold shift and press the number keys might be a tiny bit straining on your hand, and I don't think people want to take their other hand off the mouse all the time to switch your right hand item.

4. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

ah ok, i get yah. makes sense to me.

5. Earic Lodger

Earic Lodger Starship Captain

6. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

That's right earic, so glad your still posting on this thread! lol

7. Keirndmo

Keirndmo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Rocket launcher in one hand. Sniper in the other.

8. Rex

Rex Phantasmal Quasar

This thread should only exist because of the posts.
    Because they made my day!

9. Hmm... I think each of these two should be two-handed:rofl:
    But maybe you could have forearms;)

10. -Red-

-Red- Big Damn Hero

Good to know I'm not the only person who thought of Dual wielding shields~ Now if only we could use the dual wield ability to dual wield the dual wield ability...

11. Aeridan

Aeridan Pangalactic Porcupine

Dual wield-ception? Anyway, on topic, I really want to dual wield daggers, and since they announced a possible sneak mechanic, I can be an assassin!

12. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

dual wield swords while making cool random wall movements like running on them while slashing everything away, oh and a sword in 1 hand and some knives in the other.

13. LadyAijou

LadyAijou Phantasmal Quasar

The dual wielding will be all sorts of fun, yes! I have to wait and see how some of the shields work, but I'm likely to go with a gun and a sword, and go for enough damage to kill mobs before I NEED a shield. The whole "the best defense is a good offense" type of scenario. :rofl:

14. Keirndmo

I know!
    I'll dual wield two robot arms that have 2 arms on each and those ones will have even more arms on them!
    And I'll have every single weapon in one arm!

15. Like there?
    [​IMG]

16. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

I really the robot arm idea very nifty!

17. slightlyphsyco

slightlyphsyco Space Spelunker

Sure if it is added it will probably be a two handed weapon, but I would dual two mini-guns. Ether that or dual shotguns, get that double chick-chick boom.

18. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

Yeah cool we haven't had a shotgun idea yet I like! U could blow 2 heads off instead of 1 then!

19. Keirndmo

Yeah like that except with every starbound weapon and every single design you can get.
    And if I have any spare arms I'll just put rocket launchers on them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.