Diving for Treasure!

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by IcyOrio, Aug 7, 2013.

1. IcyOrio

IcyOrio Cosmic Narwhal

I have an alternative idea to a quest that'd let you both enjoy the unique scenery and life of the ocean while letting you find lost treasures within the deep. You'd start out by being given a temporary diving suit to be able to withstand the long trips without air and deepening pressure as you dive down into lakes, oceans or even a narrow ocean-like pit as you're accompanied by a soft yet playful melody to both relax and excite you. But look out, because you'll be encountered by a few creatures along the way, such as:
    • Sharks: Just keep out of their way as they roam the oceans or they might slow you down.
    • Octopie: Similar to the sharks, except they'd snatch you up for a few precious moments; be careful.
    • Giant clams: They keep closing their mouths every 4 to 5 seconds and are very large; would you risk precious moments if they are holding either large pearls or loot?
    • Abandoned ships: They might hold very old and unique artifacts & weapons.
    • Submerged chests: Like abandoned ships, but easier to loot.
    • Electric eels: They'd swim around roaming just as sharks do, but they will stun you instead.
    • Fish and Manta Rays: Simply some peaceful life to watch as they swim by.
    • Coral and Seaweed: They'd both give off small bubbles of air that could replenish your air supply slightly.
    • Other Alien Plants and Life: Of course other unique and crazy ideas would be welcome for this. Feel free to chime in.
    • Environmental hazards: Giant loose boulders that could give out any minute, radioactive hot sea-floor vents or even simply getting caught on something.
    I was also thinking, that while you wouldn't have a time limit, you'd be limited with your oxygen supply... So you'd have to be careful until reaching the surface for more or getting it by other means. You of course would be able to find a plethora of different loots such as large white/black pearls, stranger alien treasure, rare sealife, artifacts, rare vanity wear, money, old and unique weapons and even small air supplies in bottles or tanks to help you along under there. Now what's to motivate you to go deeper? Why not just skim around the top and play it safe..? Simple: Because the deeper you go, the higher chances there are of getting more clusters of loot and rarer loot. Now as for your reward, while you couldn't keep the diving suit, you'd be rewarded with a few high powered techs, armors, weapons and any mix of those; of course you could always keep what you've found and turn down the offer while completing the quest.

2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

3. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

there will be super water planets..so yea! i could see this in-game!

4. IcyOrio

IcyOrio Cosmic Narwhal

Yep! I'm sure the planets would have plenty of caves as well.~

Forb.Jok, FlutterBrave and Autzome like this.
  5. Legro X. Brox 360th

Legro X. Brox 360th Starship Captain

is anyone else reminded of that club penguin game they played when they were younger? you know, that diving mini-game with the oxygen, hinged clams, e.t.c

6. Cramdawg

Cramdawg Sandwich Man

Maybe it could be done wind-waker style, where somehow you could get a sort of futuristic treasure map that would lead you to underwater treasures! :D

7. Forb.Jok

Forb.Jok Big Damn Hero

I don't see how you could easily make this into a "quest" or minigame, but if there are water planets (planets predominantly covered in ocean), I don't see why you couldn't go diving in them, looking for underwater caves and chests. Diving into an enormous dark ocean to look for stuff would be very interesting.